- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup of non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2–1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Cooking spray for griddle
- Pure maple syrup or agave for topping
- 1.In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- 2.In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree.
- 3.Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- 4.Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- 5.Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. The trick with these pancakes is to cook them over a medium-low heat for a longer period of time. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- 6.For large-ish pancakes, pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle. For smaller pancakes, go with 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of the batter at a time. Once the bottom and sides have firmed up (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side until a nice golden brown. Flip again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the original side.
- 7.Once all done, drizzle with syrup and ENJOY!!