- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups of veggie broth
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 can black beans drained and well rinsed
- optional for topping: extra cilantro, diced avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Cut each squash in half (it doesn’t matter if you cut down the center of the stem or down the middle, either works just fine. Remove the seeds and lightly spray the flesh of each squash with cooking spray.
- Place the squash skin side down, on the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the flesh is tender and easily separates from the skin of the squash.
- While the squash is baking, cook the quinoa by combining the broth and the quinoa in a medium saucepan. Cook according to directions.
- Once the quinoa is done, take off of heat, stir in cilantro and set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and add in the diced green pepper. Add in garlic and the spices and stir. Cook for 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, black beans, and the green pepper mixture until fully combined.
- Finish it all off by evenly stuffing each of the acorn squash with the quinoa and black bean mixture. Top with more cilantro and some avocado and ENJOY!!!