This VEGAN Ranch Chickpea Salad is my new go-to EASY lunch recipe! It’s fully plant-based and packed with so much goodness.
For the spicy roasted chickpeas:
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- Lettuce of choice, about 4 large handfuls (enough to make 2 large salads)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅔ cup of shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup of red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ of a medium avocado
- ⅓–½ cup of vegan ranch dressing
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dry off the chickpeas well so that very little moisture remains. Remove any loose chickpea skins. It’s not necessary to pick off every single skin but I like to remove the loose ones. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Roast the chickpeas for 15 minutes, toss and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the salad.
- Make the salad by tossing together the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots, red onion, cilantro, and avocado in a large bowl. Divide into 2 portions and top with the chickpeas (dividing in half evenly) and the ranch dressing.
- Serve and ENJOY!
If meal-prepping, wait to add the ranch and the chickpeas to the salad until right before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 1527.7 mg
- Fat: 29.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 12.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10.4 mg
Keywords: vegan salad, vegan chickpea salad, meal prep salad