These VEGAN Chocolate Baked Donuts are super simple to make and really satisfy your chocolate craving!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk (plus more as needed)
- Sprinkles for topping if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan (these can also be made as muffins if desired but might need 5 extra minutes in the oven!).
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the frosting by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl until just melted. Whisk in the powdered sugar and milk. Add a teaspoon more milk as needed to thicken the frosting to your desired thickness.
- Dip each cooled donut into the frosting and add sprinkles as desired. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan donuts, baked donuts, chocolate donuts, baked cake donuts