Chocolate Baked Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These healthier Chocolate Baked Donuts come together in just ONE BOWL and are ready to eat in just about 20 minutes! This is a great recipe to make with kids (or just for yourself ;))!
Since my Cinnamon Sugar Vegan Baked Donuts were SUCH a hit, I figured that I really needed a chocolate version! I shared a sneak peak of these donuts on my Instagram last week and over a HUNDRED people DM’d me asking for the recipe. I’m happy to report that quite a few people have been making these already and I’ve received MANY raving reviews 🥰🍩
At first I wasn’t sure if the donuts were sweet enough. However, after adding the chocolate frosting to the top, they’re PERFECT! I totally winged the chocolate glaze the first time that I made it and I absolutely love how it turned out.
Here are just a few of the things that I love about this baked donut recipe:
- It’s made with super simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand
- The batter comes together in just one bowl
- They can be prepared and in the oven in just about 5 minutes!
- The recipe only makes 6 which is just the perfect number to me. But of course, you could always double the recipe if you want (or NEED) more
I’m going to keep things short and sweet for this post today. I think we all know what we need to do now (GO MAKE THESE DONUTS!!).
If you do end up making them PLEASE PLEASE please snap a photo and tag me in it on Instagram @foodwithfeeling.
More vegan baked goods you’ll love:
- Egg Free Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Banana Bread
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Cupcakes
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Dairy Free Pie Crust
- Vegan Brownies
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Vegan Skillet Cookie
See how to make the donuts here:
These VEGAN Chocolate Baked Donuts are super simple to make and really satisfy your chocolate craving!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk (plus more as needed)
- Sprinkles for topping if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan (these can also be made as muffins if desired but might need 5 extra minutes in the oven!).
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the frosting by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl until just melted. Whisk in the powdered sugar and milk. Add a teaspoon more milk as needed to thicken the frosting to your desired thickness.
- Dip each cooled donut into the frosting and add sprinkles as desired. ENJOY!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan donuts, baked donuts, chocolate donuts, baked cake donuts