- 1 serving of crispy tofu
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon of white or yellow miso paste
- 2 baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup of green onion, diced (plus more for topping if desired)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 medium sized zucchini, end trimmed. Spiralized into noodles
- Optional for topping: soft boiled egg, hot sauce, extra chopped green onion, sesame seeds, and crispy seaweed.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat HALF of the sesame oil. While the oil heats, rub the bok choy with the meso paste so that the bok choy is evenly coated.
- Add the bok choy to the skillet and cook for roughly 3 minutes on each side. It’s done once both sides are lightly charred. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add in the remaining oil, the green onion, ginger, onion, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and cook for 2-4 more minutes depending on how tender you want your noodles to be.
- Using tongs or chop sticks, remove the zucchini noodles and evenly place them in 2 large soup bowls. Ladle the broth over top of the noodles and then top with the remaining veggies in the skillet, the bok choy, soft boiled egg (if using), tofu, and other optional toppings.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup