Green Onion & Garlic Crispy Tofu
It’s Friday and it’s sunny and the days seem to be getting longer and I love it all! I’m one of those people that’s drastically affected by the weather (hence why I open every other blog post with an intense paragraph about the status of the weather).
Last night we went to a hockey game with 180 other people from Stephen’s work. We had a great time and yet not ONCE actually went to our seats. We literally didn’t watch a minute of the game. It was awesome :) And, our team won so all around a good night. I’ve always loved the idea of sports but have never been one to really get into the actual game.
Let’s jump right into this Green Onion & Garlic Crispy Tofu, shall we? I’m a HUGE fan and that’s coming from a girl who didn’t know what tofu was until I got to college (same goes for sushi).
When I last made this tofu, I ended up just snacking on it. Like, eating tofu piece after piece with my fingers. However, it’s also great as a meat alternative to pretty much any dish. Don’t worry, I’ll be sharing a recipe with y’all soon :D
It’s also VERY easy to make.
The tofu is cut into small, bite sized pieces and placed on a lined baking tray.
When the tofu is nearly done baking, a simple sauce of oil, garlic, and soy sauce is made and the tofu is tossed in.
Now just top it with a bit of the green onion and sesame seeds and you’re good to go! Easy, right??
I have a few extra packages of tofu in my fridge and plan on making this again this weekend!!
I’ll be back Monday with a recipe that I CAN’T wait to share with you! It’s a good one :) In the meantime, happy weekend, friends!Print
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes about 1/2 inch in size.
- Toss the tofu cubes in the cornstarch and line them up on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, take out of the oven and flip the tofu over, bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until tofu is a light golden brown.
- When the tofu has just a few minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet. Add in the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add in the soy sauce and stir.
- Once the tofu is done, toss it into the garlic and soy sauce mixture until fully coated.
- Top with the green onion and sesame seeds.