- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 6 thickly cut slices of bread (I used challah)
- cooking spray
- optional for topping: syrup, powdered sugar, fruit
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk lightly until fully combined.
- Over medium heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and let soak on each side for a good few seconds.
- Cook the bread in the skillet for ~4 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown.
- Once done, top with syrup, fruit, and a dusting of powdered sugar and ENJOY!!