This Pineapple Fried Rice is super easy to make and packed with veggies!
- 4 cups of cooked rice (day old rice is ideal)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil (any other oil will work well!)
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 ½ cups of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of carrot, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup of peas (I used frozen peas, thawed)
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Over medium heat, heat your coconut oil until hot. Add in the garlic, ginger, onion, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes and then add in the pineapple and bell pepper. Saute for 5 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cold rice, peas, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Once full combined, let the rice cook, untouched for a couple of minutes. To help get a tiny bit of crispiness on the bottom of the rice, let it cook, unstirred, for a few minutes at a time. Then stir to toss it and then let it sit for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with a bit of salt and pepper and ENJOY!!
*fresh rice will also work but day old rice is ideal as it losses a lot of its moisture and overall makes for a better and crispier fried rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 309.5 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.1 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan rice, vegan fried rice, pineapple fried rice