Pineapple Fried Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fried rice is one of my FAVORITE go-to meals when we need something that’s healthy but quick and comes together in one pot. This Pineapple Fried Rice is super easy to make and the fruit gives it a fun kick to a classic dish! I love it with fresh veggies but you can make the whole thing even easier by using a bag of frozen veggies instead of fresh.
Surely y’all know by now how much I LOVE a good fried rice recipe! I made a similar recipe to this one (this Loaded Veggie Fried Rice) on my Instagram stories recently and got so many requests for more easy dinner recipes like it. I figured that now was as good a time as any to to share this pineapple fried rice that I’ve been wanting to work on all year!
Fresh or Frozen Veggies?
I used to get asked all of the time if you could use a bag of frozen veggies when making my classic fried rice recipe. SO, I gave it a try and LOVED the results!
While fresh veggies are always great, sometimes you simple can’t beat the ease and cost of a good ole bag of frozen mixed vegetables. I pretty much always have them in my freezer and more than anything, I LOVE not have to chop a ton of veggies for this dish.
All of that to say: I HGHLY endorse the use of frozen veggies in this recipe! If you’ve already got some leftover cooked rice in the fridge and frozen veg + pineapple in the freezer then you can throw this together in NO TIME!
OKAY friends! That’s all I have for you today. Going to keep it super quick and simple as we head into the weekend! As usual, if you end up making one of my recipes, please PLEASE snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I absolutely love to see what y’all are making in the kitchen!
More delicious veggie recipes to try:
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Loaded Veggie Fried Rice
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- Smoked Tempeh Bowls
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Coconut Lentil Curry
- Turmeric Lemon Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Easy Vegan Meatballs
- Grilled Corn Salad
See how to make the Pineapple Fried Rice here:
This Pineapple Fried Rice is super easy to make and packed with veggies!
- 4 cups of cooked rice (day old rice is ideal)*
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil (any other oil will work well!)
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 ½ cups of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of carrot, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup of peas (I used frozen peas, thawed)
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Over medium heat, heat your coconut oil until hot. Add in the garlic, ginger, onion, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes and then add in the pineapple and bell pepper. Saute for 5 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cold rice, peas, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Once full combined, let the rice cook, untouched for a couple of minutes. To help get a tiny bit of crispiness on the bottom of the rice, let it cook, unstirred, for a few minutes at a time. Then stir to toss it and then let it sit for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with a bit of salt and pepper and ENJOY!!
*fresh rice will also work but day old rice is ideal as it losses a lot of its moisture and overall makes for a better and crispier fried rice.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan rice, vegan fried rice, pineapple fried rice