- 1 lb of pasta (I used macaroni)
- 3/4 cup of cashews, soaked for a few hours
- 2 1/2 cups of broth
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes (smoked if you can find them)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- optional for topping: sauteed kale and garlic, additional sun dried tomatoes
- Salt and boil water for the pasta and cook according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews and broth and processor for 2 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (tomato sauce, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast) and processor for another few minutes or until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. It may be slightly grainy depending on your food processor and how long you soaked the cashews.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta until thoroughly mixed together.
- Optional: top with sauteed kale and garlic and a few extra sun dried tomatoes and ENJOY!