Easy and delicious Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 heaping cup of onions, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 24 ounces jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese (can sub for vegan ricotta cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (sub for vegan shredded as desired or leave it out completely)
- 8–10 lasagna noodles
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, evenly spread 2/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce. Turn to high heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the mushrooms and stir in the salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms begin to release moisture. Continue to cook until most of the moisture is gone.
- Add in the olive oil, onions, and carrots. Continue to cook until the carrots just begin to soften. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, italian seasoning, and spinach.
- Layer your lasagna: on top of the initial layer of sauce, place 2 lasagna noodles in the middle. Break a 3rd noodle in half and put it on the sides to fill in the gaps. It doesn’t need to be perfect for completely covered. Noodles come in different sizes so adjust the recipe to fit your noodles as needed.
- Finish the layering by spreading out 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the veggie sauce, 2-3 more noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of sauce, 2-3 more noodles, remaining ricotta, and remaining sauce. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add on the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and cook on high for 30 more minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Category: crockpot
- Method: slow cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetarian slow cooker, vegetarian crockpot, crockpot meals, crockpot lasagna