Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna– today I’m teaming up with Crock-Pot® to bring you this loaded veggie cheesy lasagna! It’s super simple to make and officially my new favorite vegetarian dinner.
Growing up, lasagna was ALWAYS my favorite dish and what I requested on special occasions. It’s really a shame that I don’t have a SINGLE lasagna recipe on my blog but I’m very happy that I’m here to fix that today! AND I’m excited to team up with The Crock-Pot brand once again to bring you this simple and delicious vegetarian recipe!
I used the 7-Qt. Cook & Carry™ Easy Clean Slow Cooker for this recipe which is perfect because it’s large enough for an average sized lasagna. I also love the fact that you can easily carry this slow cooker around. This particular recipe would be perfect for potlucks and work get togethers.
You can go ahead and assemble everything but then wait to cook it until you’re at your destination. OR you can cook everything and simple carry the entire slow cooker to a party and then just turn it to the “keep warm” setting.
How to make this Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna
To make the lasagna, star out by sautéing your veggies. You want to get them a little softened before they go into the slow cooker. The marinara sauce and tomato sauce will also get mixed in to create a super delicious veggies sauce!
Next mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and spinach.
Now it’s time for assembly. Start by spreading a little bit of sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Then layer the lasagna up by placing in several lasagna noodles followed by 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and more of the sauce. Repeat until everything is used up and then cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle on more mozzarella cheese (if using) and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
And that’s it! Super easy and so ridiculously delicious! Of course, you can make simple modifications to this recipe as needed and add in/ take out any of the veggies desired.
I hope that your family loves this recipe as much as mine did! If you make it, please remember to snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram @foodwithfeeeling !
This post has been sponsored by The Crock-Pot Brand. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!Print
Easy and delicious Vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 heaping cup of onions, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 24 ounces jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese (can sub for vegan ricotta cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (sub for vegan shredded as desired or leave it out completely)
- 8–10 lasagna noodles
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, evenly spread 2/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce. Turn to high heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the mushrooms and stir in the salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms begin to release moisture. Continue to cook until most of the moisture is gone.
- Add in the olive oil, onions, and carrots. Continue to cook until the carrots just begin to soften. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, italian seasoning, and spinach.
- Layer your lasagna: on top of the initial layer of sauce, place 2 lasagna noodles in the middle. Break a 3rd noodle in half and put it on the sides to fill in the gaps. It doesn’t need to be perfect for completely covered. Noodles come in different sizes so adjust the recipe to fit your noodles as needed.
- Finish the layering by spreading out 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the veggie sauce, 2-3 more noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of sauce, 2-3 more noodles, remaining ricotta, and remaining sauce. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add on the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and cook on high for 30 more minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: crockpot
- Method: slow cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 1130.7 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.4 g
- Protein: 33.9 g
- Cholesterol: 52.8 mg
Keywords: vegetarian slow cooker, vegetarian crockpot, crockpot meals, crockpot lasagna