These Vegan enchiladas are LOADED with veggies and simple to make! Everyone will love these and no one will even miss the meat :)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8–12 corn tortillas, depending on size and how much you stuff them
- 16 ounces of refried beans or black beans (I used and prefer refried beans for this recipe)
- optional: 1 cup of non dairy cheese*
- 10z (about 1 1/4 cups) of enchilada sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup of your enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- In a skillet oven medium heat, heat the oil. Add in the mushrooms, pepper, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for an additional minute. Take off of the heat.
- Add to the center of each tortilla: 2 tablespoons of beans, 2 heaping tablespoons of the veggie mixture, and a small handful of the cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place it, seam side down, neatly into the casserole dish. Repeat this until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Spread the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas and spread the remaining cheese over top of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
*I used Daiya cheddar cheese in the photos and Violife in the video
- Category: vegan dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan enchiladas, vegetarian enchilada recipe, vegan dinner recipe