- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup of onion (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup of tomato (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- Start by baking your sweet potatoes. Poke a few holes in each potato and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender and soft. Once done, let cool slightly before cutting.
- While the potatoes are baking, make your guacamole. Mash your avocado in a medium bowl. I like mine pretty creamy but you can also leave it chunkier if desired.
- In the same bowl with the avocado, mix the lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Stir to combine and set aside while the potatoes finish.
- Once potatoes are done and slightly cooled, cut a slight down the middle and (being carefully not to burn yourself!), open the potato. Use a fork to mash and fluff up the inside of the potato.
- Divide the black beans evenly among the potatoes and top with the guacamole.