Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are simple to make and a great vegan dinner option! You can serve these as a side dish or even eat them as your main course.
Hey, hi! I took a bit of a break from the blog as I was traveling for the holidays. We spent christmas in Mexico doing a whole lot of nothing (the best vacation ever!) and shortly after, Jemma and I went to visit my mom in Wisconsin. I very much enjoyed all of the down time and relaxing but now I’m SO happy to be back to work.
I have a lot of amazing recipes planned for the blog over the next few months and I can’t wait to share ALL of them with you! I’m slightly cutting back on client work so that I can focus a bit more on my blog. So, expect to be seeing me around here more often :)
Stuffed sweet potato recipes are some of my most popular on the blog right now (hello healthy January eaters!) so I figured that I would throw a new one into the mix with these Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. They’re super simple to make and SO GOOD!
If you’ve never tried the sweet potato + avocado + black bean combo then NOW IS THE TIME! It’s okay if you’re skeptical because I certainly was at first. Just trust me on this one and give it a try! SO DELICIOUS!
How to make these Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These are super easy to make! First bake your potatoes until they’re tender which takes about 45 minutes. If you’re short on time you can also cook them a bit faster in a microwave.
Then you’ll make your guacamole by simply mashing your avocado and then mixing in all of the remaining ingredients (minus the black beans although you could go ahead and mix those in as well).
Once your potatoes are done, simply mash the insides of both and top each of them with the black beans and the guacamole. SO SIMPLE and so good!
And that’s it! I have a few other stuffed sweet potato recipes planned for the coming months so get excited!!
I hope you’re having a lovely start to your 2019!
See how to make the Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes here:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup of onion (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup of tomato (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- Start by baking your sweet potatoes. Poke a few holes in each potato and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender and soft. Once done, let cool slightly before cutting.
- While the potatoes are baking, make your guacamole. Mash your avocado in a medium bowl. I like mine pretty creamy but you can also leave it chunkier if desired.
- In the same bowl with the avocado, mix the lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Stir to combine and set aside while the potatoes finish.
- Once potatoes are done and slightly cooled, cut a slight down the middle and (being carefully not to burn yourself!), open the potato. Use a fork to mash and fluff up the inside of the potato.
- Divide the black beans evenly among the potatoes and top with the guacamole.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan, sweet potato, dinner