These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are FULLY vegan and require just a handful of simple ingredients. They can be made ALL in one bowl and are seriously the most delicious fall treat!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (can also use pastry flour or something similar), I have not tried these with a gluten free flour except a 1-1 flour substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I use cane sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the donut pan. You can spoon it in and shake the pan a bit to level it out OR you can pour the batter into a baggie, cut one corner, and then pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donuts comes out clean. Mine took right at 10 minutes.
- While the donuts cool, make the sugar topping. In a shallow bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon/ pumpkin pie spice.
- Once donuts have cooled a bit, lightly spray with cooking spray and then toss them into the cinnamon sugar until fully coated. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 506.1 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.3 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Keywords: baking, pumpkin spice, donuts, vegan