- 1 cup of all purpose flour (can also use pastry flour or something similar), I have not tried these with a gluten free flour except a 1-1 flour substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the donut pan. You can spoon it in and shake the pan a bit to level it out OR you can pour the batter into a baggie, cut one corner, and then pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donuts comes out clean. Mine took right at 10 minutes.
- While the donuts cool, make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired icing thickness.
- Once donuts have cooled a bit, dip them into the icing and ENJOY!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baking, pumpkin spice, donuts, vegan