Almond Joy Stuffed Dates
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Almond Joy Medjool Dates are going to be your newest healthy obsession and they’re SO EASY to make! Keep them in the freezer for a coconut ice cream like dessert that’s naturally sweetened and absolutely delicious!
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious Medjool dates! I used their pitted dates to make these simple ALMOND JOY Stuffed Dates and they’re amazing!
Over the past year, snickers stuffed dates have been trending on tiktok and instagram- I tried them and they’re delicious. It made me wonder what other candy bars we could mimic with dates. Today we’re tackling Almond Joy and I’m very excited for you to try these!
Natural Delights PITTED Dates makes this so much easier too. It’s one less step in the recipe and makes stuffing the dates that much simpler. For the filling, we’re keep it basic with just 3 ingredients:
- Coconut cream
- Shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
I made a video showing you how this works but let’s quickly talk through this.
First we’re going to make the filling by blending together the coconut, coconut cream and maple syrup.
Then we’re going to stuff that filling into the medjool dates and top each with an almond. Place that in the freezer to firm up a bit while you make the topping.
Next, melt the chocolate + coconut oil and mix together. Dip each date into the chocolate mixture so that it is fully covered. Let the excess chocolate drip off and then place on a lined plate or baking tray. You can also drizzle the chocolate on if you’d like (in this case you’d need only about half as much of the melted chocolate).
Place in the freezer to chill. THAT’S IT! Super easy and you’ll seriously love how delicious these are.
I like to store the leftovers in the freezer and just pull a couple out before I want to enjoy them. They’re best chilled + last much longer this way. You can let them lightly thaw OR eat them frozen which kind of tastes like a coconut ice cream treat. YUM!
I’m excited to see you making these Almond Joy Dates! I dare to say that I like them even more than the snickers version- seriously so good! Thanks again to Natural Delights for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make my blog possible.Print
These Almond Joy Dates are simple to make and such a delicious dessert or snack!
- 1 container of Natural Delights Pitted Dates (about 14 pitted medjool dates)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of canned coconut cream (the thick part in a can of full fat coconut milk)*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 14 raw or toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Optional for topping: additional shredded coconut
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the shredded coconut, coconut cream, and maple syrup. You want it to be combined but it’s okay if it’s still quite chunky.
- Spoon the coconut mixture evenly inside of the pitted dates. Top with an almond and place the dates in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir in the coconut oil until fully melted and combined.
- Working quickly, dip the dates into the chocolate so that they’re full or half covered depending on your preferences. You can also drizzle the chocolate over the top. Top with optional shredded coconut. Place in the fridge or freezer to chill. ENJOY!
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If it’s summer or if you live in a warmer climate, I suggest putting your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to help harden the coconut cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 1.3 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut dates, sweet stuffed dates, dessert dates