Almond Butter & Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Almond Butter & Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bars are NO BAKE, vegan, super easy to make, and simply the perfect little dessert!
Oh hey Monday, fancy seeing you again (so soon might I add).
Look what I have for you today!! A new recipe video! I stayed up past midnight editing this little beast. It’s crazy how LONG it can take to edit a video that’s just over a minute long (I know I’ve said that 100 times). But, I thoroughly enjoy the whole process and that’s what matters, right??
Alright, alright, enough of my rambling. Here it is:
Speaking of video. Guess what else I did this weekend?? I had my very first Facebook Live event! I decided it was past time to introduce the world to my backyard chickens. I posted on social media asking for questions about raising hens and got so many great questions!! I had planned to chat for about 8 minutes and then ended up being live for over 20 minutes. Ooops! And thinking back, there are still quite a few things that I failed to mention. So, I might do a whole post about my chickens here soon.
You can watch the replay of the live event HERE.
So, these Almond Butter & Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bars. They’re awesome. They’re also super easy to make, can last for weeks in the fridge/ freezer, and make the perfect little snack/ dessert. I’ve made them quite a few times now between the recipe testing, the photographing, and making the video. I now have dessert ready for me for about the next month.
I’ve been keeping them in the freezer which is perfect considering how HOT it’s been in Nashville the past week. It got up to almost 100 degrees yesterday and the day before. So yea, a nice cool treat (that also involves almond butter AND dark chocolate) is always welcome this time of year.
I’m not going to go through the whole spiel about how these are made because, well, you can watch it all in the video :D I’ll give you hint, though: it’s SUPER easy.
I hope you have a wonderful start to your week and manage to stay cool as summer begins to ramp up.
ps- did you go watch my video?? It would mean the world to me if you would give it a quick watch :DPrint
- 2 cup of almond butter, divided
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of vegan butter, softened (can also use coconut oil)
- 3 1/2 cups of chopped pretzels, divided
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate chips, divided
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups of the almond butter, the powdered sugar, the vanilla extract, and the vegan butter. Mix until fully combined and creamy.
- Using a spoon, stir in 2 1/2 cups of the chopped pretzels and 1/3 of the chocolate chips. Stir until fully mixed together.
- Line or lightly grease a baking tray (I used an 8×8 but a 9×9 would also work well) and press the almond butter mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and 3/4 cup more of the almond butter. Stir together and then pour over top of the pretzel mixture in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining chopped pretzels over top of the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden for at least an hour but preferably ~3-4 hours.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and ENJOY!!
- Cuisine: Dessert