Curried Chickpea Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich is fully vegan and comes together all in ONE BOWL and with just a handful of simple ingredients! It’s sure to be your new favorite meal prep recipe.
I teased this recipe on my insta stories a few weeks ago and got SO MANY questions from people asking for the recipe. I had hoped to post it sooner but, life simply got in the way. BUT HERE WE ARE TODAY!
I threw this recipe together one day based on an old favorite curried chicken salad recipe I used to love. I swapped the chicken (obviously) for chickpeas and added in some carrots as well. It’s so super simple and I LOVE love love how it turned out.
In this chickpea salad, I used the veggies that I happened to have on hand. However, it would be very easy (and I’m sure still os good!) to swap out the carrots etc for whatever else you happen to have on hand. I often don’t have green onion in my fridge and have swapped it for regular onion before. Still tastes amazing!
So, I highly encourage you to make this recipe your own and play around with what you throw in it!
Main ingredients in this chickpea salad:
- Cooked chickpeas
- English peas
- Green onion
- Mayo (vegan as desired) + dijon mustard
- Curry powder
To make the recipe, we’re going to first start out by rinsing, draining and then patting dry our chickpeas. Then we’ll put them in a large bowl and use a fork to mash about 1/4 of them. There isn’t really an exact science to this. I simply like to make sure that I have a decent bit of mashed bits while still having a lot of whole chickpeas still left.
Feel free to mash the chickpeas more or less to your liking.
I HIGHLY recommend trying this recipe out for your next meal prep lunches! I love it because it keeps in the fridge well and doesn’t require re-heating. SO SO GOOD! and I always look forward to lunch when I’m having this.
Looking for a good gluten free bread to have with this sandwich? I’ve been LOVING this Gluten Free Bread from Gluten Free Palate!
This is ALL I have for you today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a quick photo and be sure to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are cooking up from the blog!
See how to make the Chickpea Salad Sandwich here:Print
This Curried Chickpea Salad comes together in no time and will be your new favorite meal prep recipe!
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- ⅔ cups of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup of green peas (I used frozen and thawed them before adding to the salad)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fine sea salt to taste (I usually end up with about 1 teaspoon)
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and use a fork to mash about 1/4 of them so that you still have a decent bit of whole chickpeas left (see video for reference).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and ENJOY!
- Store in an air tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
*as desired, you can easily swap out any of the veggies for whatever you have on hand
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan lunch, chickpea salad, chickpea sandwich