Vegan Corn Chowder
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Corn Chowder is super easy to make and FILLED with all of your favorite summer veggies! It makes for truly delicious leftovers and is ridiculously filling.
This is one of the very first vegan dishes that I created and it’s also one of my all time favorites! I wanted to give the post a sight revamp AND I added a video :) (original post from August 29,2016).
Truly one of the best things about summer is ALL of the fresh fruits and vegetables abundantly available. I love it so much.
This soup is a classic case of “it isn’t the prettiest dish on the interwbs but it SURE is tasty!”. I attribute the tastiness mostly to the SWEET sweet corn. During the summer, I find myself putting sweet corn on ALL the things. I can’t get enough of it. During the winter, I still eat a decent amount of corn but it’s from a can and simply not as good as the stuff you can get right now. Moral of the story: savor all the summer veggies while you still can!
I also really like this soup because it’s super easy to make. Throw some stuff in a pot, cook for a few minutes. Throw some more stuff in the pot, cook for a few minutes. Throw a few more stuff in there, finish cooking. Eat. <<<<my kind of meal! I really wanted a creamy soup so I blended up a bit of the soup using my immersion blender. However, you could skip this part if you’re okay with a chunkier, slightly less creamy soup.
I’ve tried it both ways and both ways are delicious!
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.
See how to make the Vegan Corn Chowder here:Print
- 1 bell pepper (I used red for color and sweetness), finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (I use this vegetable broth base and love it)
- 3 small golden potatoes (mine equaled about 2/3 of a pound), peeled (optional) chopped into small cubes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 medium ears of corn, removed from the cob
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (I used full fat but you could use light or even something like Silk coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add in the bell pepper, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute the veggies for 8-10 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add in the corn and zucchini and simmer, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Optional: transfer 2 cups of the mixture to a food processor or blender (or you can also use an immersion blender) and blend until creamy. Return to pot with remaining soup. You can also do this with an immersion blender like I did in the video.
- Add in the coconut milk, salt and pepper, and stir. Top with fresh herbs and chives (optional) and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan soup, vegan chowder, corn chowder