Vegan Corn Chowder
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Corn Chowder is super easy to make and FILLED with all of your favorite summer veggies! It makes for truly delicious leftovers and is ridiculously filling.
I’m partnering today with Duda Farm Fresh Foods for today’s post! I’m using their farm fresh Sweet Corn today to make this super simple and DELICIOUS Corn Chowder. I’ve made variations of this chowder for 10 years now and I am absolutely obsessed with it. Dandy’s corn is so fresh and sweet- I always end up eating a good bit of it raw before it even makes it into the soup :)
Truly one of the best things about summer is ALL of the fresh fruits and vegetables abundantly available. I love it so much and corn is most certainly the BEST!
This soup is a classic case of “it isn’t the prettiest dish on the interwebs but it SURE is tasty!”. I attribute the tastiness mostly to the SWEET sweet corn. During the summer, I find myself putting sweet corn on ALL the things. I can’t get enough of it. During the winter, I still eat a decent amount of corn but it’s from a can and simply not as good as the stuff you can get right now. Moral of the story: savor all the summer veggies while you still can!
I also really like this soup because it’s super easy to make. Throw some stuff in a pot, cook for a few minutes. Throw some more stuff in the pot, cook for a few minutes. Throw a few more stuff in there, finish cooking. Eat. <<<<my kind of meal! I really wanted a creamy soup so I blended up a bit of the soup using my immersion blender. However, you could skip this part if you’re okay with a chunkier, slightly less creamy soup.
I’ve tried it both ways and both ways are delicious!
Ingredients in this simple Corn Chowder:
- Fresh Sweet Corn
- Bell pepper
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.
Thanks again to Dandy for sponsoring this post! And thank you for supporting the brands that make my blog possible.Print
Simple and delicious VEGAN Corn Chowder!
- 1 bell pepper (I used red for color and sweetness), finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (I use this vegetable broth base and love it)
- 3 small golden potatoes (mine equaled about 2/3 of a pound), peeled (optional) chopped into small cubes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 medium ears of Dandy Sweet Corn, removed from the cob
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (I used full fat but you could use light or even something like Silk coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add in the bell pepper, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute the veggies for 8-10 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add in the corn and zucchini and simmer, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Optional: transfer 2 cups of the mixture to a food processor or blender (or you can also use an immersion blender) and blend until creamy. Return to pot with remaining soup. You can also do this with an immersion blender like I did in the video.
- Add in the coconut milk, salt and pepper, and stir. Top with fresh herbs and chives (optional) and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 909.1 mg
- Fat: 16.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.6 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan soup, vegan chowder, corn chowder