This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious and natural sweetener? Look no further than this 2-ingredient date paste! It’s simple to make and can be used in so many different ways (or even just eaten by the spoonful!).
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious medjool dates. You can now buy a large tub of their dates at Sam’s Club which is basically a dream come true. If there’s one thing that I love more than medjool dates, it’s an ABUNDANCE of them :)
And the perfect way to use up all those dates: date paste! Have you tried it before? It’s AMAZING and highly underrated.
And the best part: it only requires 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make!
Ingredients in date paste:
- Dates- I love using medjool dates for this paste and they’re conveniently the easiest ones to find. I highly recommend getting your hands on Natural Delights Medjool Dates for this recipe!
- Water- just simple water :) This helps then the paste out a bit and make it easier to blend everything together.
How to make Date Paste:
This recipe is ridiculously easy but I’m going to walk you through it.
When buying fresh dates, you shouldn’t need to soak them at all. However, if your dates aren’t fresh, you ay want to soak them a bit. To do this, simply place the dates in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then drain.
When you’re ready to make the date paste, simply combine the dates and water in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. I usually stop the food processor about every minute to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
AND that’s it!
You can make a chocolate version of the paste by simply mixing in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Honestly, the chocolate date paste is my ALL time favorite and I pretty much always make some with the cocoa powder in it. SO GOOD!
It’s kind of like nutella except way better for you and just 3 ingredients. I can’t recommend the chocolate version enough!
Ways to use the date paste:
My favorite way to eat date paste is simple smeared on a piece of toast as if it’s jam. However, here are some more delicious ideas for you:
- Smeared on toast
- Mixed into oatmeal as a natural sweetener
- Blended into coffee instead of using syrup or sugar
- Added to a smoothie
- Mixed into cocktails
- As a sugar replacement in baked goods. This will add more moisture to your recipe so I suggest starting out with recipes specifically designed for date paste. But, this is such a great way to eat more natural sugars in your diet.
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment and/or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
See how to make the date paste here:
This 2-ingredient date paste is so simple to make and can be used in a lot of different ways to sweeten up your life!
- 1 cup of Natural Delights Medjool dates
- ½ cup water
- Optional 1 tbs of cocoa powder
- If you dates are a little older, I suggest soaking them in hot water for about an hour. Before using, drain out the water.
- Combine the dates and water in a blender or food processor. Process for 1 minute, scrap down the sides and blend more until smooth and creamy with very few lumps remaining. I suggest stopping the processor about every 30 seconds to scrap down the sides. All together, it could take about 4 minutes.
- If using the cocoa powder, add it at the end and bend until fully combined.
- Category: dip
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: anerican
Keywords: vegan dip, date paste, chocolate date paste