Healthy Homemade Snickers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Homemade Snickers Candy Bars are simple to make (no baking!) and are a fun healthy alternative to everyone’s favorite candy bar!
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious medjool dates. For these homemade snickers, I’m using their Whole Medjool Dates which are my FAV! I always keep a couple of tubs in the house because we go through them quickly.
I love how versatile dates are! I’ve been making lots of fun baked goods with them lately (such as THESE Date Nuts bars and THESE Oatmeal Date Cookies). However, we also eat them on their own a lot. It’s such an energizing and filling little snack when I want something sweet but am trying to really nourish my body.
Of all the recipes I’ve partnered up with natural Delights on this year, these Snickers are BY FAR my favorite! I’m seriously obsessed with how they turned out and I can’t wait for y’all to try them.
I’ve seen several people make a healthier caramel sauce using dates and I’ve always thought about how delicious they would be in a candy bar! Super excited to be making that a reality today :)
Snickers have ALWAYS been my favorite. Like ALL TIME favorite and I’m loving this homemade version as well 🤤🍫🥜
I made several different sizes but really you can cut yours into whatever shape/ size you’d like. I ended up with 9 bars but really it doesn’t matter. You could do much smaller or even bigger. Anything works :)
The nouget layer is oat flour based with the caramel layer being a combo of dates + peanut butter + whole peanuts.
For the chocolate layer, I did a simple dark chocolate + coconut oil mixture for the perfect outer layer.
Overall these are super easy to make and I’m excited for you to try them out!
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, be sure to come back and let me know what you think! Or snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I ALWAYS love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”GQb6n9SM” upload-date=”2021-04-30T18:18:45.000Z” name=”Homemade Snickers” description=”Homemade Snickers” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
These Homemade Snickers are easy to make and a healthier version that everyone will love!
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of plant based milk
Caramel layer peanut:
- 1 packed cup of Natural Delights Medjool dates, pitted (about 12–14 dates)
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½–¾ cup of raw peanuts
- 1 cup of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. a small loaf pan or 8×8 square pan would also work ok.
- Make the nougat by combining the oat flour, maple syrup, and milk in a medium bowl. Mix until fully combined and then press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to chill while you make the caramel layer.
- Make the caramel sauce by combining the dates, nut butter, and vanilla and a food processor. Blend until little to no chunks of date remain (see video for reference). This may take a few minutes of pulsing. Once blended, fold in the peanuts.
- Gently spread the date caramel on top of the nougat layer doing your best to get the top smooth and even. Place in the freeze to chill for about an hour.
- Once solid, remove from the pan and cut into 6-9 long bars. The size doesn’t really matter and is just personal preference. I made some larger ones and some smaller.
- In a shallow bowl, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. I did this in the microwave in 30 second increments but you can also do this in a double boiler. Dip each bar in the chocolate, tapping off excess, and place on a parchment/ silicon lined baked tray.
- Place in the fridge/ freezer to harden the chocolate and ENJOY! Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge
*if your dates are a little dry, you can soak them for 30 minutes in warm water before using. After soaking, gently squeeze of excess water before adding them to the food processor.
- Category: dessert
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan snickers, healthy snickers, homemade snickers