Baked Vegan Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a healthier donuts recipe then look no further than these EASY Baked Vegan Donuts because these are plant based and so so delicious! The cinnamon sugar coating is optional if you want to keep these a little on the lighter side.
Oh HEY sugar coated donuts of my DREAMS!
I recently made a donut recipe video for a client and it renewed my love for donuts. I have a Pumpkin Vegan Donuts recipe on my bog but really wanted to have a simple vegan donuts recipe that’s good all year around (NOT at all saying that you can’t eat pumpkin all year…you do you :D).
I wanted these to be on the healthier side of life (maybe we’ll make a fried donut recipe soon too), so today we’re making VEGAN BAKED DONUTS. But not only are they lighter, they’re also much easier than fried and I love them for that!
I also coated these in a cinnamon sugar coating which I TOTALLY realize largely negatives that other lighter ingredients in these baked donuts. But, I’m okay with that :)
Obviously, you can leave off the cinnamon sugar coating OR just add a much lighter coating of it. There’s no wrong way to do this and I love how versatile these are.
Like most donuts, these don’t stay good for more than about a day and are best enjoyed soon after baking. I made the recipe so that it only makes 6 donuts but feel free to double the recipe if needed. Don’t forget- there’s an option in my recipe card (on the right side at the top) that will automatically double or even triple the recipe for you!
How to make this Vegan Donut Recipe:
First up, let’s go over the ingredients for these donuts:
- Flour (I suggest a 1-1 gluten free flour if needed)
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Baking soda + powder
- Nut butter (is allergic, you can also try sunflower butter!)
- Mashed Banana
I’ve been LOVING oat milk lately so I also tried making these with that and it turned out great.
If you’re looking for a substitute for the banana (because I KNOW I will get asked about this), my best suggestion is apple sauce.
To make these homemade baked donuts, we’re simple going to mix ALL of the ingredients together (minus the cinnamon sugar coating obviously) in one large bowl until combined. Wait, did I mention that this is a ONE BOWL RECIPE!?
From there, I like to put the batter into a baggie so that it’s easier to evenly squeeze into the donut pan. However, you can also just scoop the batter in with a spoon. Then simply bake it for about 15 minutes and they’re DONE.
If you want to add a cinnamon sugar coating, simply mix together the cinnamon and sugar. To help the sugar stick better, I lightly spray the donuts with cooking spray and then toss them in the sugar.
The Best Donut Baking Pan:
- I have THIS donut baking pan but here are a few other options as well:
- Bellemain Non-stick pans
- Silicone Donut pans
- CopperKitchen Non-stick pans
More Vegan Desserts to try:
See how to make homemade baked donuts here:Print
How to make these Baked Vegan Donut Recipe that are fluffy and DELICIOUS and come together in just one bowl!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I use cane sugar)
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 donut pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the cinnamon sugar coating by combining the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Once the donuts have cooled enough to easily handle them, lightly spray each one with cooking spray and then roll them in the sugar coating. ENJOY!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked donuts, vegan donuts, how to make healthy donuts