Pesto Grilled Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Last week I caught wind that The Grilled Cheeserie, one of Nashville’s most popular food trucks, is celebrating April as National Grilled Cheese MONTH. That’s a bandwagon that I’m more than happy to jump on!
Every time I have a grilled cheese I think “I reallllly need more grilled cheeses in my life!”. This sandwich is an ode to more melty and delicious grilled cheese sandwiches for all.
I feel kind of silly even telling you how to make a grilled cheese because it’s pretty much just 1) throw all the things between 2 slices of good white bread 2) grill the cheese sandwich in a skillet full of butter on low heat 3) EAT! But, because I can’t control myself, I have a gif of the process for you :D
I was pleasantly surprised how FREAKING amazing this grilled cheese is! Like, I want to eat it every single day amazing.
Instead of spinach, I used watercress and arugula which have become staples in my kitchen over the past month. No regrets there.
What’s your favorite grilled cheese combo??? I have exactly 3 weeks left in national grilled cheese month and I plan to make the most of it! :)Print
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- 1 slice of provolone cheese, cut to fit size of bread
- 1–2 tablespoons of goat cheese
- small handful of watercress
- small handful of arugula
- 1/4 of an avocado, thinly sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons of butter
- Spread the pesto on one side of the bread.
- Top with provolone, then the watercress and arugula, and then the goat cheese. Top with a few slices of avocado.
- Close the sandwich and press firmly on the top.
- In a medium skillet, heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat until just melted.
- Place your sandwich in the skillet and spread remaining butter over top of the sandwich.
- Cook on each side for about 5-6 minutes on a low heat or until each side is a nice crispy golden brown.