Pineapple Tofu Skewers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Pineapple Tofu Skewers are super simple to throw together and great for grilling season (or really anytime using a grill pan!). The tofu can be prepped and marinated ahead of time making assembly quick and easy!
GUYS! I know that grilling season ended quite a while ago and we’re all just deep in pumpkin spice everything right now. But, I tested and photographed this recipe a while back and just never got around to posting it. I debated waiting until next summer but I figured better late then never :D
PLUS, this one is SO so good and I can’t wait for you to try it. Honestly, I’ll use my grill YEAR round so let’s make some Pineapple Tofu Skewers!
Let’s talk marinade. I’m often too lazy to marinate my tofu for more than about an hour BUT if you can swing it, I HIGHLY suggest letting this marinate for a good few hours or even overnight. If i can remember, I try and prep and marinate the tofu overnight which often feels like a chore BUT makes dinner the next night SO so super quick and easy.
I’m a big fan of quick and easy dinners :D
Because I LOVE a good sauce, I served mine with a simple spicy coconut yogurt sauce. You could obviously skip this part but if you’re interested, I included the recipe down in the recipe card with the skewers!
I say that this recipe serves 4 BUT we’ve been known to enjoy it between just 2 very hungry people. You so you, ya know :) It also makes for very tasty leftovers/ meal prep!
That’s about all that I have for today.
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foowithfeeling! I always love to see what you’re making from the blog.
See how to make the tofu kebabs here:
For the skewers:
- 1/2 of a medium pineapple, cubbed (about 2 cups)
- 1 block of extra-firm or firm tofu, pressed* and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 skewers (if using wood, soak them in water for 20 minutes and then dry off before adding the food to them)
For the coconut sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Whisk together the marinade in a medium bowl or resealable container: olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, s + p.
- Add in the cubes of tofu and toss gently so that all sides of the tofu get some sauce on them. Marinate the tofu for at least an hour but if you can do it overnight, that’s even better.
- When ready to grill, heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating pieces of tofu and pieces of the pineapple until all of the food is used up. You should get about 8 skewers.
- Place the skewers on your hot grill (or grill pan) and cook for about 3 minutes per side (10-12 minutes total). Remove from heat once you have some nice grill marks all around the skewers.
- To make the coconut sauce, stir together the yogurt, sriracha, and lime juice.
- Serve the skewers with the sauce and ENJOY!
*See HERE for my full guide on how to press tofu with and without a tofu press
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan grilling, tofu recipe, tofu kebabs