Raw Raspberry Tarts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The thing about recipe videos is that it means I’m making the same recipe sometimes 3-4 times in a very short amount of time. At least once to test it again, once to photograph it, and once again to do the video. Typically this results in lots of welcomed leftovers that provide me with easy lunches for the week. However, in the case of desserts, it provides me with a fridge full of mini tarts that stare at me every time I open the fridge even though I’m doing my best to watch what I eat (which for the record, doesn’t include dessert with every meal).
I realize that this isn’t the worst problem that I could have in the world. Not even by a long shot. But, I was raised in a household where the motto was “waste not, want not” and it’s so painful to throw food away (even if the alternative is eating WAY more of these raspberry tarts than I should). I lead a very tough life.
These little Raw Raspberry tarts are super easy to make and don’t take a lot of ingredients. In fact, the filling is only 3 ingredients and the crusts can be made ahead of time if you want. OH and they’re completely no-bake (hence, raw) which I’m in love with considering it’s still very hot here in Nashville and I simply can’t be bothered to turn the stove on.
I topped mine with pomegranate seeds simply because I saw them at the store and thought it would look pretty. You can top yours with whatever sounds good to you though. Some blueberries, perhaps (which would also be pretty!).
I hope you’re having a very lovely day and that your fridge is filled with too many desserts. Because, having trouble resisting dessert is a very good life problem to have!
See How to Make the Raw Raspberry Tarts:
- For the crusts:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch course sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the crust ingredients until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of 4 tart pans. (mine are 4.75 inch pans) THESE to be exact
- Place in the freezer to harden while you prepare the rest of the pie (can sit in the fridge/ freezer overnight if desired)
To make the filling:
- In a blender or food processor, combine the raspberries, coconut oil, maple syrup, and extract. Blend until completely smooth but be careful not to over blend it.
- Pour the raspberry mixture evening in the 4 tart crusts and then place them in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes but they can also sit overnight.
- Once ready to serve, top with your favorite toppings (I used pomegranate) and ENJOY!!
- Category: dessert