Simple Avocado Hummus
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you love hummus as much as I do then I think you’re going to REALLY love this Simple Avocado Hummus! It’s made just like the classic but with a little bit of avocado mixed in resulting in an ultra creamy and delicious hummus!
Oh HELLO creamy dip of my dreams! I love when I find the opportunity to combine 2 of my all time favorite things: chickpeas + avocados. They’re basically a match made in heaven and when you throw in some pita chips to the mix….🤤
This hummus is one I originally posted about last year as part of “How to make Hummus 4 ways” post but I felt like this Avocado Hummus REALLY needed it’s own dedicated post. Right? It’s too good not to shine on it’s own.
This is a pretty standard hummus recipe but with the addition of avocado in it.
My recipe calls for 1-2 avocados because I’ve tried it several ways and it always turns out nice. If you LOVE avocado, I suggest going for 2. If you’re not so sure, maybe start with 1 avocado and see what you think. You can easily throw another half or whole avocado in and give in a quick blend.
Love a good versatile recipe :)
Ingredients in this Avocado Hummus:
- Chickpeas– I used 1 can of chickpeas but you could easily double the recipe if you want to make a bigger batch.
- Tahini– seriously love tahini and it’s classic to a good hummus.
- Avocado– obviously :)
- Olive oil– I suggest using extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic– my recipe calls for 2 cloves but I OFTEN put in a lot more. Alternatively, you could leave it out completely if you’d prefer.
That’s it for today! I can’t wait to see y’all making this recipe and I really hope you like it.
As usual, if you DO end up making this hummus, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!Print
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1–2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted*
- 1/4 cup of tahini (well stirred!)*
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons of water to thin as desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender: chickpeas, lemon juice, avocados, tahini, olive oil, garlic, water, salt and pepper.
- Blend on medium-high heat until creamy and smooth!
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week. ENJOY! Since this has avocado in it, it will start to brown a bit after 24 hours. To help prevent this, take some plastic wrap and place it directly on top of/ touching the hummus in an air tight container and press out any air. place the lid on the container and store it this way so that as little air is touching the hummus as possible.
*it’s really up to you how many avocados you put in but I’ve tried it several ways and it’s always delicious. You can always start with 1 and then easily blend in another as desired based on taste etc.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup of hummus
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 159.8 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: avocado hummus, hummus snack, homemade hummus