Creamy Tofu Pasta Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This ultra creamy Tofu Pasta Sauce is so incredibly easy to make and PACKED with 25g of plant based protein per serving!
I saw this tofu pasta sauce making the rounds on tiktok and knew I needed to try it ASAP! Let me tell you- this far exceeded my expectations and I CAN’T believe that I have never tried this before.
If you’ve been around my blog for any amount of time, my sincerest hope is that you know HOW MUCH I LOVE TOFU! Like love, love , love tofu.
Okay I went and counted and I have over 50 tofu recipes on my blog to date 🤯 But I also have endless recipe ideas in my back pocket for tofu so there’s more coming!
I have a whole TOFU 101 guide HERE if you’re interested as well as a roundup of my favorite tofu recipes HERE! One of my most popular blog posts right now is for this guide on how to marinate tofu SIX different ways.
Yep, we love tofu around here :)
We’re going to keep things quick and short today!
MORAL OF THIS STORY: you need this PROTEIN PACKED pasta sauce in your life! It’s a great vegan dupe for alfredo sauce and you can season it several different ways depending on how you’re serving it. Add some veggies and you’ve got a great meal!Print
This Tofu Pasta Sauce is SUPER simple to throw together and your new favorite lazy dinner :)
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1 block of silken tofu (about 15oz)*
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste (I added 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Pour the sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over medium until warmed through. Toss in cooked pasta until the pasta is fully covered in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! I served mine with fresh basil and some diced sun dried tomatoes.
This would technically work with other types of tofu but if you want it silky smooth, I suggest using silken tofu for this sauce!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovertop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan pasta sauce, tofu pasta, tofu sauce