This post has been sponsored by Pure Farmland. All thoughts and opinions are my own!
I asked recently what kind of plant based recipes you wanted to see in preparation for the holidays and overwhelmingly, people said that they’d love to see vegan main dish options. So today, I’m partnering up with Pure Farmland to bring you this super easy and delicious VEGAN meatloaf! It’s juicy and filling and I’m super excited for you to make this.
First up, I’d love to talk a bit about Pure Farmland as I’m *ridiculously* excited to be working with them AND to be introducing you to their products.
I had the honor of meeting the Pure Farmland team at a food blogging conference that I went to recently AND got to try their full line of products. I quickly fell in love and am so excited about these plant based options coming on the market.
One of the biggest hurdles people have that want to eat a more plant based diet is knowing what recipes to cook and how to still get enough protein. By simply swapping out the animal products for amazing options such as Pure Farmland® Plant- Based Simply Seasoned Protein Starters, you can cook the same recipes you’re used to which will make the transition SO MUCH easier.
Pure Farmland’s protein starters are dairy and gluten free and made of natural flavors which makes them PERFECT for a good vegan meatloaf. They can be found in the refrigerated section at Kroger so be sure to pick some up next time you’re at the store!
I thought that a simple meatloaf would be perfect as a main dish for the holidays. It’s hearty and filling and easy to make plant based with the help of Pure Farmland® Plant- Based Simply Seasoned Protein Starters!
This vegan meatloaf would also pair well with all of the traditional thanksgiving side dishes :)
How to make this plant based meatloaf
As I mentioned earlier, one of the big bonuses of this dish is that it’s ridiculously EASY!
Start by sautéing the veggies for just a few minutes so that they’re partially cooked and softened. After that, ALL of the ingredients, including the sautéed veggies, get mixed together in a large bowl. The meat mixture is then pressed into a loaf tin and topped with a bit of ketchup for a classic taste. Then just bake it for about 45 minutes and YOU’RE DONE!
I’m so excited to see you making these meatloaf AND to hear how you like Pure Farmland’s products! I’ve also tried their plant based breakfast patties AND the homestyle meatballs and they’re SO GOOD!
When you’re ready to make this recipe, you can click on the button below to add all of my recipe’s ingredients to your shopping cart!
See how to make the vegan meatloaf:
Easy and delicious vegan meatloaf!
- 2 lb. Pure Farmland® Plant- Based Simply Seasoned Protein Starters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons of plant based milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed meal + 3 tbs water)
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute until the veggies begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 tablespoons of ketchup and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the protein starter, sautéed veggie mixture, bread crumbs, milk, flax egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, stir until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the inside reaches a temperature of 155 degrees F.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan thanksgiving, vegan main dish