EASY Pizza Dough Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This EASY Pizza Dough recipe is naturally vegan and so ridiculously simple to make! Great for pizza night family dinners!
Oh HEY Friday pizza night!! Please tell me that you celebrate pizza night AT LEAST once a week? We often buy pre-made dough from either Publix or Trader Joe’s (LOVE the herbed pizza dough from TJs).
HOWEVER, I’ve discovered that homemade pizza dough is SO EASY on the nights when we have a little bit more time and don’t have a pre-made crust in the fridge. Everything gets mixed together in one big bowl and only needs a few minutes of kneading to come together.
SO so excited for you to try this EASY Vegan Pizza Dough recipe!
Here are the simple ingredients in this recipe:
- olive oil
How to make this quick pizza dough recipe:
Start out by activating the yeast by mixing it in with some warm water and sugar. Once that is nice and foamy, you can add in the remaining ingredients minus about 1/2 cup of the flour.
Then the dough just needs a little kneading while the remainder of the flour is mixed in.
Now just roll the dough out and give it a little pre-bake before adding all of your yummy toppings! ?
SUPER delicious recipe for this loaded veggie vegan pizza is coming in the next couple of days! You NEED IT in your life!
I hope that you all have a very lovely weekend and please remember to tag me on Instagram if you make this vegan pizza dough or any of my other recipes!Print
EASY pizza dough recipe that’s perfect for pizza night and easy dinners delicious dinners :D
- 1 cup of warm water (I usually aim to get it to a bit over 100 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (you can make this with cane sugar or coconut sugar but that may alter the color of the dough)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour plus more for dusting
- Start out by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees F. If you have a pizza stone, put it in the oven while it pre-heats. If not, line a baking tray or pizza tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes while the yeast foams.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and 2 cups of the flour and stir with a spatula until it comes together. It will be a rather sticky ball at this point.
- Generously flour a work surface and pour the dough onto the surface. Slowly add in the remaining 1/2 cup of flour as you kneed the dough. Continue to kneed for a few minutes until the dough becomes smooth forms a nice ball.
- Place your piece of parchment paper on a clean surface and place the dough ball in a middle. Roll the dough out to your desired shape and thickness. Poke the dough all over with a fork to avoid it bubbling but be careful that you aren’t poking all of the way through to the bottom.
- If using a pizza stone, transfer to the pizza stone and top with your desired toppings and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- If NOT using a pizza stone, place the dough onto your sheet and pre-bake it for 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and add your toppings then bake for 12-15 additional minutes. I like to do the pre-bake and final bake on the lower rack of my oven.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pizza, easy pizza dough, quick pizza dough recipe