4 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Syrup
I go through some pretty intense phases with my diet. Some weeks I’m happy and more than content to eat nothing but salads, quinoa, and loads of veggies. But then other weeks, I just want to drizzle this Vegan Chocolate Syrup onto EVERYTHING. No complaints (because it’s DELICIOUS), but, maybe chocolate syrup for every meal isn’t
a good idea the healthiest thing for me?
Either way, it’s very delightful on occasion! It hasn’t quite hit dreary-cold-gross-winter status yet in Nashville (at least for Nashville standards of “cold”) but once it does, I have a few dates scheduled with my favorite mint hot chocolate and this vegan chocolate syrup. Mmmm. I can’t wait for that! But for now, Nashville is supposed to hit a high of 75 degrees today (you will never hear me complain about this!).
So, until the cold, hot chocolate drinking weather hits, I’ll enjoy my chocolate sauce on a nice bowl of mint ice cream (<<<my favorite!).
Making the sauce is very easy. Basically just mix the first 3 ingredients together over the stove and then whisk in the cocoa powder. DONE!
Then just store it in the fridge for instant access to chocolaty vegan syrupy GOODNESS.
I personally like mine just a bit on the runny side but if you prefer it to be thicker, you can add a bit more cocoa powder and/ or a bit less of the milk.
And, I’m not here to tell you what to do with your chocolate syrup, but I plan to drizzle mine over some rather large (husband made) waffles this weekend. Yep! VERY much looking forward to that!
Happy hump day, friends! I hope it’s a good one :)Print
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of non dairy milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of good quality cocoa powder
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil, milk, and maple syrup. Stir and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Slowly whisk in the cocoa powder and continue to cook on a low simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few weeks.