Air Fryer Artichokes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Let me introduce you to the EASIEST way to cook artichokes at home: Air Fryer Artichokes! I’m going to walk you through how to make these and share my favorite artichoke dipping sauce with you!
This post was sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
I’m back with another simple and delicious air fryer recipe and this time we’re making Air Fryer Artichokes!
I’ve learned that artichokes are one of those things that many people are intimidated to cook at home. But I have great news for you: they’re SO EASY to make and my air fryer method is next level simple.
The key is knowing how to prepare them and I’m going to walk you through it.
I’ve shared several recipes in partnership with Ocean Mist but this is the FIRST artichoke recipe we’ve done together. Ocean Mist is FAMOUS for their fresh artichokes and they now ship nationwide (fyi for you in case you’re unable to find good artichokes in your area).
Ocean Mist is running a “Peace, Love and Artichokes” promotion which promotes their growing region: Coachella! How fun!
They actually have a whole section on their website HERE that tells you EVERYTHING you could want to know about cooking with artichokes including lots of delicious looking recipes. I already can’t wait to try some of them!
Are artichokes good for you?
Artichokes are a low calorie, nutrient DENSE food and I really need to be eating more of them. They are
- loaded with fiber
- packed with vitamin C
- a good source of magnesium
- an excellent source of antioxidants
If you’d like to see a video example of how I prepared these artichokes, you can check out the video below. But, I’m also going to walk you through it.
How to prepare artichokes:
Let’s walk through this. It looks a little intimidating but it’s truly very easy!
- Start out by plucking off the bottom outer leaves of the artichoke down by the stem. I usually end up removing about 6-8 leaves.
- Laying the artichoke on it’s side and cut off the bottom of the stem and then trim off the top 1/3 of the artichoke (again- see video for reference!).
- Working around the artichoke, trim the tips off the all of the leaves. They’re pointed and a little prickly so we want to cut the top 1/4-1/2 inch off of each leaf.
- Cut the artichoke in half working the stem up through the top of the artichoke.
- Remove the choke in the middle. To do this, use a large spoon and scrape out the fuzzy parts and everything in the middle that aren’t the leaves.
- Similar to potatoes, artichokes will brown quickly after being cut so as soon you’re done, rub ALL around the cut edges with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
Once the artichoke is all prepped, you can pre-heat your air fryer and finish preparing the recipe!
Drizzle the cut sides of the artichokes with olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Rub it all into the artichoke and then place them into the air fryer to cook for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your artichokes.
I hope you’re excited about air fryer recipes because I have lots of them planned in the coming months! Super excited to share more of them with you.
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
PS- CLICK HERE to enter Ocean Mist Farm’s “Peace, Love, & Artichokes” campaign where they’re giving away 40 different prizes including quite a few Instant Pots!Print
See how easy it is to make artichokes right in your air fryer!
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 large fresh lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Garlic Aioli Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat air-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the artichokes by plucking off the bottom outer leaves of the artichoke down by the stem. I usually end up removing about 6-8 leaves.
- Laying it on it’s side, cut off the bottom of the stem and then trim off the top 1/3 of the artichoke (see video for reference).
- Working your way around, trim the tips off the all of the leaves. They’re pointed and a little prickly so we want to cut the top 1/4-1/2 inch off of each leaf.
- Cut the artichoke in half working from the stem up through the top of the artichoke.
- Remove the choke in the middle. To do this, use a large spoon and scrape out the fuzzy parts and everything in the middle that aren’t the leaves. Rub ALL around the cut edges with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the artichokes with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub everything in with your hands and place them, cut side down, into your air fryer.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl and dip the artichoke leaves in and ENJOY!
- Category: vegetables
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: air fryer artichokes, artichoke recipes, air fryer recipes