Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Apple Pie Crescent Rolls are super simple to make and prefect for simple fall baking (or anytime of the year really!). Great for breakfast, dessert, or even delicious snacking!
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe for YEARS and have just never gotten around to it. I have something similar to these apple rolls at a holiday party one year and LOVED them! Especially when I found out that they were made using store bought crescent rolls (which just so happen to be vegan-FYI!).
Recently my toddler asked to make apple pie (having no idea all of the work that goes into homemade apple pie) so instead, I convinced her to make these. VASTLY easier and still so fun and delicious. She loved the process of making them and didn’t lose interest while they were baking (since the bake time is WAY less than a full on apple pie lol).
Now, I bought a pre-made roll of uncooked crescent rolls since that’s exponentially easier. However, feel free to make your own rolls! If you go that route, I would bake them at the temperature and for the amount of time that the recipe you’re following recommends.
I used brown sugar for my filling BUT you can use coconut sugar if you want.
Making the Apple pie bites is as simple as laying out each of the crescent rolls and topping it with a brown sugar + spice mixture. Then a buttered apple is placed on top before the dough gets rolled up like a regular crescent roll. The top is then brushed with butter (vegan if you wish) and sprinkled with a little turbinado sugar and cinnamon.
SO super simple, right!? More often than not, we have these for breakfast but they’re also super fun as dessert or a snack….with a little ice cream perhaps? YUM!
WELL that’s all I have for you today. If you end up making this recipe (or any of my recipes), please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are creating!
See how to make the Apple Pie Bites here:
The Apple Pie Bites are super fun to make and perfect for quick and easy baking!
- Crescent rolls (8 count tube)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (vegan if ya want)- melted
- 1 small apple cut into 8 thin slices- I like Granny Smith*
- ¼ cup of brown sugar (you can also use coconut sugar)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- pinch of all spice
- Lay out each crescent roll on a clean flat surface.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and apple slices.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar + spices. Evenly divide the sugar mixture on top of the crescent rolls and press it down into the roll with your hand so that it really sticks.
- Lay a buttered apple on the wide end of each roll and roll up the crescent roll as usual.
- Place on a lined baking sheet. Brush the remaining butter that was in the apple bowl on top of each roll and sprinkle them with cane sugar + dash of cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes. ENJOY!
*you want these to be about 1/3 of an inch thick. I tested them with thicker slices and while it’s still really good, the apples won’t be all that soft.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crescent roll recipe, apple pie bites, apple crescent rolls