Avocado Pesto Pasta
I made it about a week prior and froze a bit of it for this special avocado occasion.
I called it pesto-ish sauce because I think pesto is supposed to have pine nuts in it and I didn’t feel like paying $7.99 for pine nuts. So, none of those in here. Almonds will do just fine!
Throw 2 ripe avocados, a hefty portion of garlic, juice of a lemon, some olive oil, loads of fresh basil, and a touch of salt into a food processor (or blender if that’s what you have). Process for 30 seconds, stir, and process for another minute or so.
That’s pretty much about it. I’ve found that it’s best if you put the sauce on very hot pasta. The avocado just kind of melts right in and it’s delicious!!
Avocado Pesto-ish Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- large handful of basil
- Juice of 1 lemon or ~3 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan, freshly grated (vegan parm if you’re wanting dish to be vegan. Link below)
- ) Prepare your pasta according to directions.
- ) While the pasta is cooking, prepare the avocado sauce: combine the avocados, garlic, basil, lemon, olive oil, and salt into a food processor or blender.
- ) Blend for ~30 seconds and stir. Blend for another 30-60 seconds.
- ) Once the pasta is cooked and drained, spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce onto each serving of pasta.
- ) Grate fresh parmesan on top of each plate and ENJOY!