Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My baked vegan donuts are one of the MOST popular recipes on my site and I’m constantly getting rave reviews about them. SO, I thought that it would be fun to make a seasonal version of them. Let me introduce you to there decadent and DELICIOUS Vegan Baked Chocolate Peppermint Donuts:
I’ve created several variations of this recipe over the past few years and they’re all SO DELICIOUS! After my chocolate version went viral on Instagram earlier this year, I’ve been dying to make a peppermint version of it ?
And let me tell you: this might be my favorite donut recipe on the blog OMG ??
One of the things that I love so much about these donuts is that they comes together all in one bowl. Seriously LOVE a good one bowl dessert. From there, it’s simply a matter of spooning/ piping the batter into your donut pan and baking.
I get asked fairly often when to do if you don’t have a donut pan and here is my advice:
- Order yourself a donut pan ASAP bc you’re going to want to make these again. THIS is the one that I have.
- While you wait, go ahead and make these as muffins instead. They turn out the same but just need about 5 extra minutes in the oven. Not quite as fun as donuts but equally as delicious!
While still a treat, these donuts are on the healthier side with simple, plant based ingredients including:
- Flour- use a 1-1 flour to make them gluten free
- Maple syrup
- Mashed banana
- Peppermint extract- for that nice peppermint-y flavor
- Nut butter- you can also use sunflower seed butter for a nut free version
- Cocoa powder
WELL that’s all I have for you today! I CAN’T wait to see y’all making these donuts.
As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
These Vegan Baked Peppermint Donuts are simple to make and so deliciously decadent!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the frosting:
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk (plus more as needed)
- Crushed peppermint/ Sprinkles for topping if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly great a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and peppermint extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the frosting by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl until just melted. Whisk in the powdered sugar and milk. Add a teaspoon more milk as needed to thicken the frosting to your desired thickness.
- Dip each cooled donut into the frosting and add crushed peppermint as desired. ENJOY!
these can also be made as muffins if desired but might need 5 extra minutes in the oven!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan donuts, baked donuts, holiday donuts
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”2v6PlSvm” upload-date=”2020-12-04T04:53:30.000Z” name=”Chocolate Peppermint Donuts” description=”Chocolate Peppermint Donuts” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]