Coconut Almond Date Rolls (+ a video!!)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve been sitting on this recipe for weeks because (!!!!) I made a video to go along with it and needed time to edit it because I’m video challenged for sure!
Thank goodness that I’m not much of a perfectionist or else this video would have NEVER been finished. I really want to start doing recipe videos (maybe even some with me in them??) so I figured that I had to start somewhere. I decided that this recipe was perfect for my first recipe video since the recipe itself is so super simple.
I saw these Almond Coconut Date Rolls at the store for a rather ridiculous price. I took a quick mental note of the ingredients and decided to try making them at home. As it turns out, they’re SUPER easy to make! Basically just process all the ingredients in a food processor for a minute, roll them up into little balls, and let them sit in the fridge or freezer for a bit to harden.
The first time I made these, I rolled them into balls about 1 tablespoon big which was the size they were at the store. The second time I went with slightly smaller ones that were closer to about 1 teaspoon large.
I store mine in the fridge where they can stay good for a few weeks. It’s been nice having them around for those times where I just want to eat a little something between meals and actual snack times.
Let me know what you think about my little video! :D Even though I’ve already posted the recipe, I’m thinking of making my next recipe video of the Vegan Peanut Butter Pie that I posted a couple weeks ago.
Happy Hump Day, friends!!Print
- 1 cup of almond
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dates, pitted (about 8)
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- In a food processor, blend together the almonds and shredded coconut until the almonds are coarsely chopped.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process for 30-60 seconds until everything is finely processed and the mixture is rather sticky. (see photo above to know the texture)
- Taking 1 tablespoon at a time (can make them small though if you wish), roll the mixture in your hands so that it forms a nice smooth ball.
- Place each ball on a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue until all of the mixture is used up.
- Put the try in the fridge for an hour to let the rolls harden.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes