Date Sweetened Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Date Sweetened Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups are simple to make and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates which add so much delicious flavor! These make for a great snack or dessert that everyone will love!
I’m partnering up once again with Natural Delights which is my GO TO source for fresh and delicious Medjool dates. I’ve made homemade peanut butter cups a lot in the past but had never tried sweetening them with Medjool dates before. And let me tell you: I’m obsessed and this is definitely my new go to!
I love how versatile Medjool dates are! I’ve been making lots of fun baked goods with them lately (such as THESE Date Nuts bars, THIS naturally sweetened oat milk, and THESE Homemade Snicker Bars). However, we also eat them on their own a lot. It’s such an energizing and filling little snack when I want something sweet but am trying to really nourish my body.
Because it’s getting colder outside and halloween decorations are EVERYWHERE (I’m not complaining about it!), I figured that we would have a little fun too and make a PUMPKIN version of these peanut butter cups. The pumpkin taste is rather subtle but I REALLY love it and am excited for you to try these.
In order to get the Medjool dates fully blended up, I added all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate obviously) to a blender and blended it all up with a splash of water. It takes a few minutes of blending to get it all creamy but the end result is ultra creamy and SO GOOD. I may have eaten a little bit of it all on it’s own :)
Ingredients in these Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups:
- Natural Delights Medjool dates
- Pumpkin puree
- Creamy natural peanut butter
- splash of water as needed
- Dark chocolate + coconut oil
Making these is so easy and I’m excited for you to try them out! I like to keep the leftovers in the fridge so I don’t risk them melting on the counter. You can also throw them in the freezer if you want them to stay good for a while.
If you end up making these, PLEASE let me know how you like them! I just really love what the Medjool dates add to these and I’m pretty sure I’m always going to make peanut butter cups like this. Just SO so good!
And don’t forget to pick up some Natural Delights Medjool Dates! They’re my ALL TIME favorite and a long time supporter of my blog. It really means a lot to me when you check out the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!Print
- 7 ounce of chocolate, I used an extra dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 Natural Delights medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cups of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1–4 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- optional: sea salt for topping
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate and the coconut oil in a small bowl and melt. This can be done either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20-30 seconds spurts, stirring in between.
- Pour a heaping 1/2 tablespoon into each muffin liner. Using a spoon, gentle press the chocolate 1/4 of the way up the sides of the muffin liners. Place in the fridge wile you make the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the dates, peanut butter, pumpkin, 1 tablespoon of water and pumpkin pie spice. Blend. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to get your blender going. You want as little water as possible but a little is likely necessary.
- Divid the pumpkin mixture evenly into the muffin cups on top of the chocolate. Spoon a heaping 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate on top of each cup and tap the muffin tray lightly to smooth them out. Top with sea salt if desired.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden up and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cups, homemade peanut butter cups, date sweetened dessert