Easy Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
This Easy Cold Brew Coffee recipe could NOT be any simpler! We’re using a handy little cold brew coffee maker filter to make the whole process quick and easy. I’m so excited for you to try this!
I know, I know. There are like 1 million “how to” recipes out there already for cold brew coffee. I still decided to throw my hat into the ring BECAUSE I recently discovered this really awesome little tool that makes cold brew coffee (that is already pretty easy to make) EVEN EASIER!
We’re using this handy little double mesh filter that was made just for cold brew coffee. It fits right into a 2 quart mason jar and makes the whole process ridiculously easy. I’m in love with it.
BONUS! The filter is just $12 on amazon (actually, I paid $12 but it’s only $11 right now!) and then I got the mason jar for a couple of dollars at target (although you can also get these on amazon HERE!).
Did I mention how obsessed I am with this little filter?? It’s worth noting that I’m in NO way affiliated with the company that made this. I found it randomly on Amazon and just love it :)
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
So, how does this handy little cold brew coffee maker work, you ask? I would love to tell you :)
It’s ridiculously easy (did I mention that yet?).
I use 1 cup of whole coffee beans and then grind them to a coarse grind.
You put the filter into the mason jar and then pour in your coffee grounds. 6 cups of filtered watered is poured over top, the mason jar is sealed, and it’s put into the fridge to chill out for 12-24 hours. The next morning, you remove the filter and THAT’S IT!
You have yourself some homemade cold brew coffee that costs a fraction of the price you’d pay at a coffee shop!
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee Without a Filter
If you don’t have this filter (uhm, go get one!), you can easily make cold brew coffee at home without it. Instead of adding the coffee into the filter, you just dump it directly into any sealable container. Pour the water over top and seal it up. You’ll let that sit for 12-24 hours and then strain it the next morning.
To strain the coffee, you can put cheese clothe over top of a clean container and pour the coffee and grounds into the container through the clothe. You could also do this using a fine mesh strainer or even a coffee filter.
SO, that’s it! It’s really that easy. Have you ever made cold brew coffee at home?? Are you a fan?
See How To Make The Coffee:
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you purchase one of the items I recommend, I get a small profit at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my little corner of the internet!Print
How to make easy cold brew coffee right at home!
1 cup of coffee beans (measured before grinding)
6 cups of filtered water
Using the filter:
- Place your filter into a 2 quart mason jar.
- Grind your coffee beans to a coarse ground (see photo above) and pour them into the filter.
- Pour the water over top of the coffee and seal up the mason jar. Put in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Remove filter and ENJOY! It is recommended that you slightly dilute the coffee with either more water or creamer of choice.
Without the filter:
- If not using the filter, you can use any large sealable container.
- Grind your coffee beans to a coarse ground (see photo above) and pour them into your container.
- Pour the water over top of the coffee and seal up the jar. Put in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- When done, filter the coffee into a separate container using cheese clothe, a fine mesh strainer, or even a coffee filter.
- It is recommended that you slightly dilute the coffee with either more water or creamer of choice. ENJOY!!