Blueberry Banana Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today we’re making this SUPER SIMPLE Blueberry Smoothie that comes together with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s easily adaptable if you want to use different fruit or even leave some of it out to cut down on sugar!
I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately with NO signs of slowing down :D There’s just something about the warmer weather that makes me crave smoothies on a daily basis. More often than not, I have them for breakfast but they’re also great as a meal replacement for lunch of dinner (I typically add a little more to it to bulk it up in those cases).
Of all the smoothie recipes that I have on my blog, this Blueberry Banana Smoothie is one that I make the MOST often.
A couple of weeks ago, I rounded up all of the smoothies on my blog in one neat little blog post. You can check that out HERE if you’d like. There are so many great smoothies on it and many of my favorites!
Simple ingredients in this smoothie:
- Blueberries– you can use fresh or frozen in this but I prefer frozen in order to give it an extra creamy texture! I pretty much always have them in the freezer for just such occasions.
- Banana– Again, fresh or frozen works. It’s best if at least one of the fruits is frozen. I typically keep a freezer bag fully of bananas in the freezer for quick smoothie making.
If you’re looking for an alternative to banana or want the smoothie to have a little less sugar in it, you can try swapping it with frozen cauliflower. You don’t taste it in the smoothie at all and it’s a low calorie alternative!
- Yogurt– I’ve been loving the blueberry dairy free yogurt from Trader Joe’s but obviously any yogurt that you have on hand will work well! You can also leave it out completely if desired.
- Liquid– I alternate between milk and water when making smoothies. It kind of just depends on my mood. For this particular smoothie, I really like the creaminess that the milk adds. Use whatever kind you prefer (I’ve been loving oat milk lately!).
- Nut butter– This is also optional but high recommended! Blueberries + peanut butter is one of my favorite combos. If you want to keep it low in calories, you can try using peanut butter powder- it’s all of the flavor with a lot less fat. Of course, you can use any kind of but/ seed butter in this!
- Optional add-ins– When I have them on hand, I almost always throw a handful of greens into this smoothie as well. And if I’m drinking it as a full meal, I’ll also throw in a scoop or 2 of protein powder.
And that’s it for today! Keeping the post as simple as the recipe :)
As usual, if you end up making this recipe (or any of my others) PLEASE snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
More smoothie recipes to try:
- Roundup for my favorite HEALTHY Smoothies recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Homemade Acai Bowl
- Blueberry Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Mixed Berry Beet Smoothie
- Easy Mango Smoothie
- Blackberry Smoothie
- Caramel Apple Green Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Acai Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie Bowl
See how to make this Blueberry Smoothie here:
Super simple 5 ingredient Blueberry Smoothie!
- 1 medium banana, preferably frozen
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon of nut butter
- 1 cup of liquid (really anything works well here- I’ve been enjoying oat milk lately!)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt of choice
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. If necessary, add a bit more liquid if you need to thin it out just a bit.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoothies, healthy smoothie, banana smoothie