Easy Grilled Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s officially grilling season and I’ve got a recipe that you’re going to love: this Easy Grilled Salad! Even in the summer, I love a good warm salad and this one is packed with veggies and covered in a delicious creamy garlic dressing.
This post was sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
Have you ever had a GRILLED salad before!? I was honestly a little suspect of it the first time that I gave it a try. However, I quickly fell in love with the concept and plan to make this recipe on repeat this summer.
Grilled salad is often just grilled romaine lettuce topped with dressing and fresh veggies. However, I wanted to take this a few steps further and grill a plethora of summer veggies to go on top. It’s surprisingly simple and just so so good!
And because I like broccoli on everything, I’m also adding in some of Ocean Mist’s Season and Steam Sweet Baby Broccoli. It takes just THREE minutes to steam in the microwave so this whole recipe comes together in no time.
Besides the baby broccoli, here are the other veggies that we’re working with for this salad:
- Corn on the cob
- Bell pepper
- fresh cherry tomatoes
For the dressing, you could obviously use whatever your favorite is BUT I highly suggest giving my creamy garlic dressing a try. It’s super simple to make and just SO delicious!
The salad can easily be served several ways:
- You can serve everything whole
- You can serve the romaine halves whole with chopped veggies on top. Similar to a traditional wedge salad OR
- You can chop EVERYTHING up after being cooked, and then serve it as a more traditional chopped salad.
These are ALL delicious and kind of just depends on your preference. I’m a big fan of chopping everything up once it’s been cooked/ grilled and then tossing it all together with the dressing.
And if you haven’t already, I HIGHLY suggest checking out Ocean Mist’s full line of Season and Steam veggies. I’ve tried pretty much all of them at this point and I’m absolutely obsessed. There’s just really nothing better than FRESH veggies that can be cooked in only a few minutes and with very minimal effort. Our weeknight dinners all got a lot healthier once I discovered Season and Steam veggies! :)
You can check out more of my recipes utilizing their Season and Steam Veggies HERE!
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
Thanks again for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible! You can CLICK HERE to learn more about Ocean Mist Farms, the products that they carry, and where you buy them in your area.Print
This grilled salad is perfect for grilling season and such a fun way to serve summer veggies!
For the salad:
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, cut in half longways
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthways (or quartered if larger)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- optional for topping: Sunflower seeds, pine nuts or other seed/ nut
- 1 bag of Ocean Mist Season and Steam Sweet Baby Broccoli
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup of mayo (vegan as desired)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of dill (fresh or dried)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat your grill to high heat (about 400 degrees).
- Lay out the lettuce, corn, zucchini and bell pepper on a tray or large plate. Brush all of the veggies with a light layer of the oil. You can also use cooking spray for this.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 8 minutes, rotating 1/4 of a turn halfway through. After the 8 minutes, add on the zucchini and bell pepper and grill for 5 additional minutes. Rotate the corn about 1/4 turn and flip the bell pepper and zucchini at this point. Finally Add on the romaine lettuce, cut side down, and grill everything for 4 additional minutes. During the LAST minute, flip the romaine to grill on he other side.
- Remove everything from the grill to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn from the cobb and dice up the bell pepper + zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Cook the Season and Steam broccoli according to package directions, let cool slightly, and chop.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve by topping a romaine half with the corn and chopped veggies + broccoli. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minuts
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grilled salad, summer salad