Grilled Corn Salad
Just in time for summer, this Grilled Corn Salad recipe is the perfect side for any party or summer dinner! It’s loaded with fresh corn, cucumber, tomatoes and all of the flavors of summer.
I’m SO excited to be sharing this recipe with you today because it’s a recipe from one of my dear friends’ new cookbooks! I’ve known Jessica, from JessicaGavin.com, for a few years now but FINALLY got the chance to meet her in person a couple weeks ago at a food blogging conference in Salt Lake City. That’s the funny thing about working in the online space; I’m good friends with a lot of people who I’ve never actually met in real life. I digress.
Jessica recently released her first cookbook called Easy Culinary Science and I’m happy to be sharing it with you today!
I had the MOST difficult time picking a recipe from her cookbook to share with you because I seriously want to share ALL of them. I’m obsessed with this cookbook (and every single recipe on her blog). They’re all thought out so technically and she shares fun little scientific advice and fun facts with each of her recipes. She also has a way of making difficult recipes NOT so difficult to approach.
I love how delicious and easy this grilled corn salad recipe is for summer entertaining and for easy weeknight dinners. It also keeps for a good few days which makes it perfect for eating on throughout the week. Needless to say, I’m a huge fan!
I wanted to get it posted this week because I also thought that it would make a great Memorial Day side dish for any parties that you might be going to!
How to make this Easy Grilled Summer Corn Salad:
The recipe itself is very basic (just requires a decent bit of chopping!). The dressing is blended together in a blender while all of the other ingredients are poured into a big bowl.
The mint seemed a little strange to me at first but I LOVE the extra bit of flavor and sweetness that it adds.
I kind of want to add mint to all of my salads now! It helps that I have a whole section of my yard filled with it.
For the Salad
- 4 ears of corn, husk removed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper, for seasoning corn
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup of english cucumber, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lightly brush each of the ears of corn with olive oil and then generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat your grill and once hot, add corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, rotating so that every side gets a bit charred, 10-12 minutes total. Once done, let cool enough to handle and then cut the kernels off of the cob and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, sunflower seeds and cilantro to the bowl.
- Make your dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. About 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the corn salad and combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!