Easy Queso Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m making ALL of your Easy Queso Dip dreams come TRUE!
Do you make queso at home? I’ve learned that it’s one of those things that people only eat when they’re out at restaurants but it’s SO easy and SO GOOD to make it fresh at home. I’ve tried about 100 variations of this recipe and they’re all so delicious.
You can use different cheese, different types of peppers, add some extra herbs/ spices if you want. This recipe is really just a base and you cna go with it where you will. OR make it exactly as is and have the BEST homemade easy queso dip ever!
I’m going to keep things brief today because what more is there really to say besides CHEESE! Also- I stayed up far too late editing the video for this recipe (ahm- please scroll down and watch it!).
How to Make this EASY Queso Dip
As I’ve mentioned 10 times already, this queso is very easy to make!
We’ll start by mixing together the tomato, some of the shallot, and cilantro together in a small bowl. This is going to be a topping for the queso which is both delicious AND pretty :)
Then a little butter is melted in a saucepan and some shallot and jalapeno is sauteed. Some flour is whisked in and then a little milk. That thickens into a nice little sauce before the cheeses are added in. It all cooks for a little longer and we’re DONE.
Easy. Easy. Easy!
Are you convinced yet?
Make sure I get invited over when you make this queso dip! ;)
See How to Make the Easy Queso Dip:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”QQEm9eXw” upload-date=”2018-10-25T02:23:20.000Z” name=”Easy Queso Dip” description=”Easy Queso Dip”]Print
- 1 shallot, finely diced and divided
- 2 small roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of cilantro, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated pepper jack cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the shallot, and half of the cilantro. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Once melted, add in the remaining shallot, salt, and the jalapeno and saute for 3 minutes. Stirring often.
- Pour in the flour and cook until the flour is completely absorbed, about a minute.
- Whisk in the milk and then bring to a light simmer. Stirring often, let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes until it has thickened considerably.
- Stir in the cheeses and continue stirring until all of the cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining cilantro.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with the tomato mixture. ENJOY!!
- Category: dips
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: queso, cheese, dip, football