Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe– this vegan dessert is a MUST TRY for holiday parties and simply anytime you’re craving a good pumpkin treat! The filling is SO simple to make with just 7 ingredients and right in the base of a blender. This pie is sure to be a new favorite holiday recipe in your house!
**UPDATE: I have received a lot of questions about this pie as well as the crust. If you want to see me make and trouble shoot this, step by step on my Instagram Stories, click HERE.**
Oh hi there. Welcome to day 2 of Pumpkin WEEK! We’re going classic today with a good ole pumpkin pie. But vegan.
If you’ve been around for a bit then you *might* remember that I’ve done this recipe already. WELL, I wanted to give it a little facelift with new photos and a few more tests of the recipe to make it even better. The result= THE most amazing vegan pumpkin pie that you will EVER have!
It’s so soft and creamy and sweet and just…perfect. This is the vegan pumpkin pie to fool to harshest of pumpkin pie critics in your life. They’ll never know it’s vegan and will most certainly be asking you for the recipe before they’ve even finished their (first) slice. That is, if you can even bring yourself to share any of your pie. It’s. so. good.
You can make this with pumpkin puree from a can (like I did with this pie) or you can roast and then puree your own pumpkin (as I’ve done quite a few times before). Fresh pumpkin has a much lighter color and results in a browner (less orange) pie. Just an fyi in case you care about that :)
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
The hardest part about making Vegan Pumpkin Pie is making the crust first (which isn’t very hard, actually). Once you have the crust ready, the actually pumpkin part is RIDICulously easy!
Okay, you have your crust ready. Now for the filling. All we’re going to do is blend all of the ingredients in a blender and then pour it into the crust. DONE. That’s it.
Here’s what is going in the blender:
- pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- almond milk
- pumpkin pie spice
You *could* whisk everything together but I’ve found it gets a lot smoother and creamier if you just blend it. It’s a dirty dish well spent.
The filling is then poured into the crust and baked for almost an hour. But then you also have to let it chill for a bit which is MUCH more difficult than you’d imagine.
I’m so excited for you to try this pie! It’s seriously the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever made and I’m happy that there is plenty of pumpkin season left this year.
That’s all I have for you today. I have lots of exciting things coming to the blog this week (I’ve been very busy!). I’ll be back tomorrow with another amazing pumpkin recipe!!
See How to Make the Vegan Pumpkin Pie down below in the recipe card! ENJOY!Print
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe that’s easy to make and SO DELICIOUS!
- 2 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 3/4 cup of milk (I tested this with plain almond milk AND coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 unbaked vegan pie crust (THIS coconut oil pie crust is also great!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all of the pie ingredients (minus the crust of course :)) and blend until creamy and smooth. Should only take a minute.
- Pour the pie filling into your crust (I do NOT pre-bake the crust in this recipe) and spread out until it’s smooth.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes. The top should be firm and the crust should be lightly browned around the edges. If the crust begins to get too brown around the edges, cover the crust with foil or use pie protectors.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool on the counter. Put in the fridge and let cool completely. The cooling process really firms up the pie so although you’ll want to eat it right away, try and refrain :)
- Top with some whipped coconut cream and ENJOY!!
**If you’re making my vegan pie crust of my coconut oil pie crust: make the crust as called for and put it in the fridge while you make the filling. I do not pre-bake my crust for this pumpkin pie recipe. The amount of time it takes to make the filling is the perfect amount of time for the crust to sit in the fridge and harden back up a bit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 17.9 g
- Sodium: 279.7 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.5 mg
Keywords: pie, dessert, vegan, pumpkin, pie