Grilled Avocado Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We’ve been all about the quick and easy grilled meals this summer and these Grilled California Avocado Tacos are my NEW favorite way to enjoy fresh avocados. These tacos are super simple to throw together and such a fun way to prepare avocados during the warmer months!
Today I’m partnering up with the California Avocado Commission to celebrate Avocado season with these GRILLED California Avocado Tacos!
They challenged me to develop a grilling recipe using avocados and I immediately knew that I wanted to makie these tacos. I had a version of this recipe at a restaurant quite a few years ago and ever since then, I’ve been meaning to recreate it as home. They’re even better than I remember and I’m legit obsessed.
I honestly never would have thought to grill avocados but I LOVE love how it adds this smokiness to the avocado that’s so quintessentially summer.
How to grill avocados:
First, let’s go over HOW to grill avocados. Honestly, it’s as simple as cutting the avocado in half, removing the pit, and then carefully placing it onto a pre-heated and greased grill.
From there, I check them about every few minutes and remove them from the grill once they’ve gotten some nice grill marks on them. This typically takes about 7 minutes.
Once off of the grill, I let the avocados cool just a bit before slicing them into thick strips and removing them from the skin.
For the tacos:
I served my tacos with a super simple purple cabbage slaw that I like to prepare while the avocados are on the grill. For the slaw, I mixed together shredded cabbage, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and a little cilantro which is optional. Super simple but so flavorful and a great accompaniment for the avocados.
Besides that, you can really use whatever your favorite taco toppings are! The grilled avocados are truly the hero of this dish and I like to keep my toppings simple so that the flavor from the avocados really shines through.
Thank you to California Avocado for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible! If you end up making these tacos, please remember to snap a photo and tag @Foodwithfeeling and California Avocado on Instagram!
This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission but all opinions are my own.Print
Super simple and delicious avocado tacos that are perfect for summer grilling season!
- 4 California Avocados, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound of cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro lightly packed (optional)
- 1/4–1/2 of a jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1–2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- cherry tomatoes for serving
- 8 corn tortillas for sering
- Pre-heat your grill to low, around 350 degrees F. Once hot, carefully grease the grill by dipping a paper towel in oil and brushing it on the grates. Place the avocados, skin side UP, on the grill and close the lid for 5 minutes. The avocados are done once they have nice grill marks on them. Gently remove the flesh from the skin and slices the avocados into thick slices (about 1/3 of an inch thick each). Set aside.
- Make the slaw by mixing together the cabbage, salt, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayo and hot sauce until fully combined.
- Assembly the tacos by evenly dividing the avocado slices among the tortillas. Top with the slaw, mayo, and additional toppings and ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan tacos, avocado tacos, grilled avocados