Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso (Starbucks Copycat)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’ve tried the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso from Starbucks then you’re probably here because you LOVED it and want to know how to make it at home. I’ve GOTCHU! Not only does this homemade version taste JUST like it’s from the coffee shop, but it’s also significantly cheaper.
I’m a sucker for a good seasonal drink. While my go to order is a lavender latte, I always love checking out the seasonally recommended drinks when I go to the coffee shop. And this brown sugar oat milk latte WON my heart very quickly.
And I’m not even much of an iced coffee drinker but I REALLY love this drink and have been making it at home FAR too often :)
I figured that it was past time for me to share me recipe here for how I’ve been making it.
SO, that’s what I’m going to do today. It’s super simple to make and the syrup makes enough for about 4 drinks. That way, you can drink one SEVERAL times throughout the week (without having a ridiculous coffee bill at the end).
Ingredients we’re working with:
The ingredients in this are simple and you probably have them all at home already!
- Oat Milk: HERE is my homemade oat milk but I also have a full review of my favorite store bought vegan creamers if you want to buy some.
- Brown sugar syrup: this is super simple to make and consists of just water, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
To make the brown sugar syrup:
This is super simple and takes less than 10 minutes! Simply combine all of the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until the brown sugar is full dissolved. Then just let cool and you’re ready to shake together your drink!
This syrup makes about 4 drinks *using 2 tablespoons of it in each drink*.
To make the latte:
Once the syrup is made, all you need to do is pour 2 tablespoons over ice as well as a strong shot of espresso. Shake for about 30 seconds to chill and combine.
Pour into a tall glass filled with ice and then top the rest of the wya with oat milk. SO SIMPLE and easy!
AND that’s it! PLEASE please let me know what you think of this recipe once you’ve had a chance to make it! Now I’m off to go make another batch of the syrup because I’m out and this post has got me CRAVING it :)Print
This Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Latte is so simple to make and comes together in a few quick minutes. PLUS it’s so much cheaper made at home!
For the brown sugar syrup:
- ⅓ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
For the drink:
- 1 shot of espresso (or make it a double!)
- 2–3 tablespoons of the syrup (start with 2 and add more as desired)
- ½ cup + of oat milk (fill the glass the rest of the way up to taste)
- Make the syrup by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, water, and vanilla in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from the heat and let cool.
- To make the latte, combine 1 shot of espresso and 2 tablespoons of the syrup to a mason jar with a few cubes of ice. Shake vigorously to combine and chill the coffee.
- Fill a tall glass with ice, pour in the coffee mixture and add the oat milk. I usually start with ½ cup but often just fill it all the way up with oat milk. ENJOY!
*you can also use store bought brown sugar syrup as desired
- Category: coffee
- Method: shaken
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: starbucks copycat, Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, brown sugar latte