Peanut Chickpea Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Peanut Chickpea Wraps comes together in just TEN minutes and are great as a healthy vegan meal prep recipe! They’re simple to make and so delicious!
Oh HELLO 2021! It took me nearly a week but I’m finally here with my first new recipe of the new year. One of the things that y’all said you really wanted to see this year is easy and healthy VEGAN meal prep recipes. SO, that’s what we’re doing today.
I had a chicken version of this recipe a few years ago and have been meaning to veganize it. I kept things very similar but decided to swap the chicken for CHICKPEAS (are you a chickpea fan!?- I’m a little obsessed!).
I’m a big fan of a simple wrap recipe. There’s just something about wrapping food in a big ole tortilla that makes everything taste better and I’m here for it.
This recipe is SUPER super simple and can be made several different ways: 1) you can add everything to wrap and eat right away OR 2) meal prep it by combining the slaw mixture + chickpeas and keeping that separate from the tortillas until time to serve.
Ingredients in these wraps:
- peanut sauce
- coleslaw mix
- shredded carrots
- green onion
To make the recipe, start by combining all of the ingredients to make the peanut sauce. I like to do this in a blender BUT you could also mince the garlic and ginger and simply whisk everything together.
Next up, combine the coleslaw mix, shredded carrots, green onion, cilantro, and peanuts and then drizzle the peanut sauce over the top. Toss to combine. You could also stir in the chickpeas or serve them separately as desired.
Add everything to the large tortillas and wrap them up tightly!
If you’re wanting to serve this as meal prep, I suggest leaving the peanuts out and adding them right before serving. Then mix together the chickpeas with the slaw mixture and put that in your meal prep containers with the tortilla on the side. This way the tortilla and peanuts won’t get soggy and you can easily throw the wraps together right before serving.
SO SIMPLE and I love them.
That’s all I have for today! As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!Print
These Peanut Chickpea Wraps are simple to make and great for meal prep! An easy lunch that everyone will love.
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (creamy of chunky work here but a natural drippy peanut is best)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup of milk or water (I like the extra creaminess that milk adds and usually use oat or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger)
- optional: for a little extra kick, add in 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha
For the chickpea wraps:
- 10oz bag (roughly 3 cups) of coleslaw mix
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large tortillas
- To make the peanut sauce: add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can also simply whisk everything together if you first finely mince the garlic and ginger.
- To make the slaw: in a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onion, peanuts*, and cilantro. Pour on the peanut sauce and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make the wraps: Divide the chickpeas and slaw mix evenly among 6 large tortillas. Roll up tightly and ENJOY!
- To meal prep: If you’re wanting to meal-prep this recipe, I suggest mixing together the chickpeas and slaw mixture (leaving out the peanuts and adding them before serving) and putting it into your meal prep container with the tortilla on the side. When ready to serve, dump the chickpea slaw mixture + the peanuts on the wrap and wrap up.
*If making this recipe as meal-prep, I suggest leaving the peanuts out and putting those on the side. When ready to serve, mix them in fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan wraps, chickpea wraps, healthy wraps