Peperoncini Garlic Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Peperoncini Garlic Bread comes together with a few simple ingredients and is such a fun twist on the classic garlic bread recipe. It’s slightly spicy, extra buttery, and the perfect amount of garlicky :D
Thank you to Mezzetta for sponsoring this post and thank YOU for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible. I used their Golden Greek Peperoncini in this recipe and genuinely LOVE all of their products (I always keep a few jars of their olives on hand!).
Before all of the craziness of 2020 happened, we were originally supposed to be making a Europe trip this summer. The plan was to go visit Stephen’s grandmother in England, make a trip to my father’s hometown in Italy, and then tour Germany a little since I’ve never been. Obviously, that ALL got canceled and I’m very sad about it (I know we all had big plans canceled this year).
To make up for it, we’ve been having mini staycations and indulging in the foods we would have had on our trip including LOTS of fresh Italian bread! I can never get enough bread in my life.
One of those recipes is a super fun twist on classic garlic bread: PEPERONCINI Garlic Bread! Bear with me because OMG I can’t even believe HOW good this garlic bread is.
But, before we dive into the recipe, let’s address the elephant in the room: while garlic bread seems as Italian as pizza, it’s actually not something that you’ll really find in Italy. It’s much more of an Americanized recipe- and one that I am TOTALLY on board with. I’ll take ALL of the fresh bread covered in butter, garlic, and in this case, lots of peperoncini, that I can get!
I once had jalapeno garlic bread at a restaurant so figured that this jar of Mezzetta Golden Greek Peproncini was the perfect opportunity to try out my own version of that same recipe. I was a little skeptical but always willing to try something at least once.
GUYS! This garlic bread is MIND BLOWING! It’s everything that you want in garlic bread: soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. It’s buttery and loaded with garlic. AND, maybe my favorite part, it’s a little bit spicy from the addition of the peperoncini. It’s all such a perfect combo and I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Growing up, I didn’t eat peperoncini very often except for a bite here and there of the ones that would come in the take out pizza that my dad often ordered. Now that I’ve tried these Golden Greek ones from Mezzetta, I’m legit obsessed. They’re so good on this garlic bread but also legit delicious eat straight from the jar. BUT, only a little at a time because even though they’re really not that spicy, I’m a baby when it comes to spicy foods :)
Okay, back to the garlic bread.
Here are the simple ingredients we’re working with for this garlic bread:
- Good Italian or french bread– I like to buy it fresh and wait about a day before making this garlic bread. I’ve found that if it’s TOO fresh, it’s just too soft in the middle. Fresh bread will totally still work but it’s not my preference.
- Butter– I prefer to use vegan, unsalted butter. But use what you have on hand/ prefer. If you use salted butter then you can skip the additional salt sprinkled on top.
- Garlic– ? my recipe calls for 3 cloves of garlic but you can use more or less depending on your preferences. I’ve found 3 to be perfect though.
- Parsley– this give the bread a nice herby and fresh taste!
- Peperoncini– seriously LOVE this addition to the garlic bread! I remove the seeds inside but you *could* leave them if you prefer. I chopped them up into small pieces but you could also simply cut them into strips and place those on top.
That’s all I have for you today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what you’re making from the blog!
See how to make the Garlic bread here:Print
This garlic bread is super easy to make and the perfect side dish!
- 1 loaf of Italian bread or French bread
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened (vegan as desired)*
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of peperoncini, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven t o 350 degrees F.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half horizontally (see photos or video for reference).
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread it evenly over the 2 halves of bread. Top evenly with the peperoncini and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until it reaches your desired crispiness.
- Serve and ENJOY!
*For the butter: if you use salted butter, don’t add any additional salt to the bread
- Category: Bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan garlic bread, peperoncini recipes, garlic bread recipe