Red Cabbage Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cabbage Salad is SUPER simple to make and a family favorite of ours! It’s packed with veggies and easily customizable to suit your likes and what you have on hand. I know you’re really going to love this one!
I started a new series on Instagram this week called “Recipes my girlfriend makes me” which features simple and delicious recipes that my girlfriend has made me over the past year.
She’s not much of a chef but what she does make me is always delicious! This cabbage salad was one of the very first things that she ever “cooked” for me and I LOVE IT so much. I say “cooked” because it doesn’t actually require any cooking, just chopping (and throwing the vegan buffalo wings in the air fryer).
We’ve changed and perfected the recipe over the past few months and this version of it is what we’ve come to LOVE and crave on a regular basis. I’d say that we have this salad at least a couple times per month but sometimes it’s weekly.
Ingredients in this cabbage salad:
- Purple/ red cabbage
- Buffalo wings (we LOVE the Morning Star Farms vegan buffalo wings which we cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes)
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips for CRUNCH
I’m really excited to see y’all making this recipe because it’s seriously one of my new favorite salads on the blog! PLUS it’s super easy to throw together.
I really hope that you love it as much as we do :)
As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from my blog.Print
This Purple Cabbage Salad recipe is SO simple to throw together and require no cooking (just a lot of chopping)!
- 1/4 of a small Purple cabbage, shredded/ diced
- 6 radishes, diced
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded or diced
- 1/4– 1/3 cup of of blue cheese dressing
- Handful of crumbled tortilla chips for serving
- Optional for serving: buffalo wings (I LOVE these vegan Morning Star Wings that I cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes)
- If using, cook the buffalo wings according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, radishes, cheddar cheese, onion and carrots. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss so that all of the veggies are covered in the dressing. Add a little more dressing to taste. Divide the salad among 2 bowls.
- Dice the wings (is using) and divide evenly. Top each bowl with a handful of crushed tortilla chips (these add a delicious bit of crunch to the salad!). ENJOY!
*Nutritional info does not include the buffalo wings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: dicing
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 606.5 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Protein: 10.9 g
- Cholesterol: 35.8 mg
Keywords: cabbage salad, purple cabbage salad, red cabbage salad