This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You may have seen these Pasta Chips on social media lately and I’m here to show you how to make them! They’re super simple and surprisingly so delicious!
If you’ve been on tiktok lately, you may have seen these Pasta Chips making the rounds. I mean, WHO knew that you could make cooked pasta crispy!? I was so skeptical of this recipe at first but it just works and is seriously really good!
I wanted to try an air fryer version of pasta chips so that’s what we are doing today.
I tried this with a couple different kinds of pasta and while penne and some others work, I just prefer the flatter shape of bowties. But, use whatever kind of pasta you would like. Bigger or smaller sizes may cook +/- 1 minute depending.
How to make pasta chips:
In the air fryer, these are so ridiculously easy!
Start by cooking your pasta according to package directions. Once it’s done, drain and add it back into the pot.
Toss in the cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, and freshly cracked black pepper. Mix it all together and then pour about half of it into the base of your air fryer. It’s okay for them to overlap a little BUT you don’t want layers stacked on top of each other.
Cook in your air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, tossing halfway. I suggest that you really watch them the last couple of minutes since every air fryer cooks a little different.
And that’s it! I like to serve these with a few different kinds of dip such as marinara sauce and pesto. But honestly, these are delicious even just on their own, without any sauce.
As usual, please let me know if you end up making these pasta chips and how you like them. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!Print
These pasta chips are east to make and so many served at a party!
- ½ pound pasta of choice
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese(violife or vegan version for dairy free)
- Drizzle of olive oil (about 1 tbs)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Sauce for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and place back in the pot.
- Add in the cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta into the base of your air fryer. It’s okay for the pasta to be touching and overlapping a bit but you don’t want it all stacked on top of each other.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, tossing halfway. I suggest checking on it every 60 seconds for the last few minutes as every air fryer cooks a little different.
- The chips are done when they’re a dark brown color (but not burned) all around the edges of the pasta. Once done, remove from the air fryer and let them cool (they’ll crisp up even more as they cool). Serve with your favorite dip and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: snack
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 86.7 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 3.6 mg
Keywords: air fryer chips, pasta chips, air fryer pasta